Functions Find Someone Who
In this activity, students walk around and find 10 different people to trade papers with to complete the review. The concepts covered are below:
1) Domain and Range of Ordered Pairs
2) Domain and Range of a Continuous Graph
3) Determining Relations vs. Functions (Repeating x-values or Vertical Line Test)
4) Finding the range of a function given it's domain.
5) Evaluate functions written in function notation.
6) Identifying zeros of functions given a graph
7) Finding the zero of a linear function (by setting equal to 0 and solving for x.
8) Finding the zeros of a quadratic function (by graphing on the calculator). I teach how to solve by factoring later in the year, this is just an introduction.
I use this activity as a warm-up before the students take the quiz on the material. It works very well because they see all the concepts come together.
This resource is included in the following bundle(s):
Algebra 1 Curriculum
Algebra 1 Activities Bundle
This purchase includes a license for one teacher only
for personal use in their classroom. Licenses are non-transferable
, meaning they can not be passed from one teacher to another. No part of this resource is to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. If you are a coach, principal, or district interested in transferable licenses to accommodate yearly staff changes, please contact me for a quote at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives, unless the site is password protected and can only be accessed by students.