Functions and Their Graphs (Pre-Calculus – Unit 2)
This bundle includes notes, homework assignments, four quizzes, a study guide and a unit test that cover the following topics:
• Relations and Functions
• Implicit vs. Explicit Equations
• Function Notation
• Evaluating Functions
• x- and y-intercepts, zeros
• Critical Points (Extrema, Point of Reflection)
• Increasing and Decreasing Intervals
• Continuity, Types of Discontinuity
• End Behavior
• Tests of Symmetry
• Even and Odd Functions
• Average Rate of Change
• Parent Functions (Linear, Absolute Value, Quadratic, Cubic, Square Root, Cube Root, Reciprocal, Exponential, Logarithmic, Greatest Integer, Sine, Cosine)
• Transformations (Vertical and Horizontal Translations, x- and y-axis Reflections, Vertical and Horizontal Dilations)
• Graphing Functions (absolute value, quadratic, cubic, square root, cube root, reciprocal, and greatest integer functions only)
• Piecewise Functions
• Operations with Functions
• Compositions of Functions
• Inverse Relations and Functions
• Verifying Inverses Graphically and Algebraically
NEW: Assessments are now EDITABLE!
Now you can easily make multiple versions or customize to fit your needs! PowerPoint and Equation Editor (usually built in to PowerPoint) are required to edit these files. There is a folder titled "Editable Assessments" when you download. This is where you will find editable versions of each quiz and the unit test.
This resource is included in the following bundle(s):
More Pre-Calculus Units:
Unit 1 – Fundamental Skills
Unit 3 – Power, Polynomial, and Rational Functions
This purchase includes a license for one teacher only
for personal use in their classroom. Licenses are non-transferable
, meaning they can not be passed from one teacher to another. No part of this resource is to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. If you are a coach, principal, or district interested in transferable licenses to accommodate yearly staff changes, please contact me for a quote at email@example.com.
This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives, unless the site is password protected and can only be accessed by students.