** See packet that contains all 3 Function worksheets or Complete Packet that includes Worksheets, Introduction and Foldable***
This tool is intended to be an introduction (or a one-stop-shopping review!) of functions in five forms:
1. A set of ordered pairs
2. A table (both vertical and horizontal)
3. A mapping
4. A graph
5. An equation
Students should be able to:
1. Distinguish between functions and non-functions when data is given in any format
2. Convert between function formats
Notes for use:
This document is very versatile.
1. The first page (Functions in Five Forms – Reference) can be used as a graphic organizer for notes on this subject, or as an introduction to the other practice pages. This page can also be given in simple note form (instead of printed out and handed to students).
2. The second and third pages (Functions in Five Forms – with Practice) has explanations with thirty practice problems walking students through the process of identifying functions. This can be used as a stand-alone product.
3. The fourth and fifth page provide practice for the student in translating relations and functions from one format to another. This also could be used independently.
Or all the pages can be used together, composing the notes and work for approximately two fifty-minute class periods.
Complete Common Core Alignment included with Standards for Mathematical Practices!
Complete Solution Included
Please visit my math BLOG: WWW.DebbiesLemonadeStand.COM or e-mail me: DebbiesLemonadeStand@Charter.net.