This is a VERY engaging formative assessment for teachers to quiz their students on their knowledge of the 5 democratic principles of American Government. This quiz is aligned with the Virginia Standards of learning:
CE.2a The student will demonstrate knowledge of the foundations of American constitutional government by:
a) explaining the fundamental principles of consent of the governed, limited government, rule of law, democracy, and representative government.
As a result of this lesson students will be able to do the following skills:
• Understand that fundamental political principles define and shape American constitutional government.
• Identify the fundamental principles of democratic governments from different examples.
This U.S. Fundamental Principles of American Government assessment align with the following state stadardized tests: Includes:
o Virginia SOL’s (Standards of Learning Test
o Florida’s EOC Assessment (End of Course Exam)
o Texas STAAR Exam
Several states require students to pass a Civics/Government social studies test to graduate from high school which include: Alabama, Maryland, Mississippi, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, South Carolina, Texas, and Virginia.
Copyright © The Scholarly Compass 2016
Please be advised that this product is for personal classroom use by a single teacher. If you would like to copy this product for more than one teacher, please download additional licenses, available at 50% off the original price!
You May not:
• Give this item to others.
• Copy this item for use by others.
• Post this item unprotected on a website, including a personal website, classroom website, or district website.
• Copy or modify any part of this document to offer others for free or for sale.
Try our other great products!!
Citizenship and the Naturalization Process Bundle 93 Pages!
Fundamental Principles Group Project: Teach the Class!
U.S. Citizenship Detective
Fonts: Kevin and Amanda Free Scrapbook
Border: Erin Sees
Isabelula's Store (Clip Art and Border)
Clip Art: My Cute Graphics (Free Clip Art)