This is a set of two different homework assignments on fungi. I most often use these as homework assignments to help the students review the concepts we went over in class, but each of these would also make a great quiz.
All answers are included.
These 2 homework assignments have a total of 12 pages (including answers) and should be used when teaching a unit on the fungi. I actually use this as a homework assignment by assigning a few questions each night as I teach through the unit. Eventually all of the questions have been assigned and the students have a great completed study guide for the test.
NOTE: This product is also included in my bundled product called Fungi Complete Unit Plan Bundle of Products
The questions are of varying difficulty levels. Question types include compare and contrast, fill in the blank, short answer, multiple choice, labeling and true/false. You will receive both a Word document as well as a pdf form of the study guide.
Below is a synopsis of what is covered in each assignment.
Homework Assignment #1 Includes 36 questions and covers the following:
1. What are the fungi?
2. Characteristics of fungi.
3. Fungi are heterotrophs.
4. Methods of food getting in the fungi.
5. What environment do they prefer?
6. The structure of fungi: hyphae, mycelium, fruiting bodies, spores, rhizoids, stolons.
Homework Assignment #2 Includes 45 questions and covers the following:
7. Label the structures of a typical bread mold.
8. Reproduction in fungi: fragmentation, budding, spores production, asexual, and sexual reproduction.
9. Kinds of fungi: The four phyla are named and examples given for each phylum.
10. Life cycle of the common bread mold.
11. Phylum Zygomycota
12. Phylum Ascomycota
13. Phylum Basidiomycota
14. Phylum Deuteromycota
15. The Ecology of the Fungi: saprophytes, parasites, decomposition.
16. Symbiotic relationships of fungi: mutualism, commensalism, parasitism.
17. Lichens and Mycorrhizae
You might also be interested in these related products:
The Fungi: PowerPoint and Notes for Teacher and Student
Fungi Interactive Notebook Pages and Warm Ups
Fungi Crossword Puzzle
Biology Lab: The Fungi
Lab: Let's Make a Mold Terrarium!
Set of 2 Jeopardy Review Games on Fungi
Fungi Word Scramble Study Guide
Fungi Unit Test
FREE Mycorrhizae (Fungi) Graphing and Data Analysis Worksheet
Amy Brown - Science Stuff