Vocabulary in a biology class can sometimes be overwhelming to the student. In order to insure mastery of the information, I try to give my students opportunities to practice and reinforce vocabulary words.
This study guide covers the Kingdom Fungi. There are 101 questions on the study guide. To determine the answer to the question, students will unscramble a set of letters that are given with each question. The challenge of unscrambling the letters makes the review guide a bit more fun and interesting.
NOTE: This product is also included in my bundled product called Fungi Complete Unit Plan Bundle of Products
This study guide was written for a typical Biology class in grades 8 to 12. It is very easily editable. You can simply eliminate any questions that you do not want to include. I have included both a Word document and a pdf form of the study guide.
This review guide covers the following concepts:
1. What are the fungi?
2. Characteristics of fungi.
3. Fungi are heterotrophs.
4. Methods of food getting in the fungi.
5. What environment do they prefer?
6. The structure of fungi: hyphae, mycelium, fruiting bodies, spores, rhizoids, stolons.
7. Label the structures of a typical bread mold.
8. Reproduction in fungi: fragmentation, budding, spores production, asexual, and sexual reproduction.
9. Kinds of fungi: The four phyla are named and examples given for each phylum.
10. Life cycle of the common bread mold.
11. Phylum Zygomycota
12. Phylum Ascomycota
13. Phylum Basidiomycota
14. Phylum Deuteromycota
15. The Ecology of the Fungi: saprophytes, parasites, decomposition.
16. Symbiotic relationships of fungi: mutualism, commensalism, parasitism.
17. Lichens and Mycorrhizae
Answer Key is included.
You might also be interested in the following:
The Fungi: PowerPoint and Notes for Teacher and Student
Fungi Interactive Notebook Pages and Warm Ups
Fungi Crossword Puzzle
Biology Lab: The Fungi
Lab: Let's Make a Mold Terrarium!
Set of 2 Jeopardy Review Games on Fungi
Fungi Unit Test
FREE Mycorrhizae (Fungi) Graphing and Data Analysis Worksheet
Amy Brown - Science Stuff