This product contains a selection of fun activities, printables and center resources to use after reading aloud Funnybones by Janet and Allan Ahlberg. The perfect picture book for October and Hallowe'en!
Appropriate for Kindergarten and First Grade students.
Activities included in this unit:
- An original non-fiction text with a comprehension
- Label a skeleton diagram (cut and paste activity)
- Make a movable skeleton craft (template included)
- Label the characters (cut and paste activity)
- Roll and build a skeleton game
- Picture to Word Match Ups (Read and find the matching pictures)
- Big Skeleton and Little Skeleton masks
- Character finger puppets to make
- Sight Words: printed on bones
- The Xray Song : to the tune of I'm a Little Teapot
- Anchor Charts - Record knowledge of real skeletons and opinions of the character Big Skeleton!
- Characters with speech bubbles: writing activity templates
- Bulletin board banner (Blackline version too)
- Guidance materials with photographs and helpful teaching ideas.
Color and blackline versions included (so 41 pages + 41 pages)
Check out our other packets based on popular read-aloud texts :
The Rainbow Fish Read Aloud Activities
The Day The Crayons Quit Math Activities
The Polar Express 1st Grade Math Activities
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License