This Future Tense Activity gives students the opportunity to practice hearing, speaking, and writing in the Target Language (TL), all while using the future tense in a fun and interesting way. This activity also uses a 'fortune teller' (otherwise known as a 'Cootie Catcher') that will be very familiar to many students. This hooks their interest, as it is something many students used to play with when they were children.
1. Each student will create his/her own 'fortune teller.' Students will cut and fold their fortune tellers so that they may be used with the speaking, listening and writing activity that follows.
2. As part of the 'fortune teller,' students will be creating eight different predictions (using the future tense in the TL). These predictions can be happy, crazy, funny... anything, really! Encourage students to be creative with their fortunes.
3. Once each student has completed his/her 'fortune teller,' students will circulate around the room and tell one another's fortune. While doing so, they will complete a comprehension activity that incorporates listening & writing.
- Blank 'fortune teller' template
- Instructions for making a 'fortune teller'
- Listening, speaking, and writing activity that uses the 'fortune tellers' to have students predict one another's futures using the future tense in Spanish