We all know that children learn best through example, but I believe that if we really want them to understand and demonstrate positive character, we need to be very intentional with teaching those traits. That is why I created my Building Communities of Character series!
We want our students to become a positive part of our classroom community, and for that to happen we need to teach them about generosity. Here are the materials included in this fun-filled packet:
1. An original Skeezik and Arlo book with a blackline master for student copies
2. Ideas for a classroom environment that encourages community
3. A class pledge
4. A generosity poster
5. Classroom helper signs
6. Original songs about community and generosity
7. An introduction lesson
8. A generosity book list
9. Literature connection activities with "The Giving Tree" by Shel Silverstein
10. Four generosity activities/games for practice and review
11. Two generosity worksheets
12. A parent letter
This packet includes at least one STEM activity!
GENEROSITY is one of 14 packets in my Building Communities of Character series. The others are: Self-Control, Honesty, Cooperation, Respect, Compassion, Responsibility, Citizenship, Friendship, Perseverance, Integrity, Flexibility, Initiative, and Problem Solving. If you are interested in any of these titles, be sure to check them out in my store. Thanks a bunch, and enjoy!