48 DIFFERENTIATED QUESTIONS PERFECT FOR DEVELOPING LANGUAGE SKILLS AS WELL AS PRACTICING DAYS, MONTHS, SEASONS AND DATES IN GERMAN
GERMAN DAYS, DATES, MONTHS, SEASONS TASK CARDS are perfect for beginning learners of GERMAN, and really do help to create a lively language learning environment. Students can develop, embed, reinforce and refresh their knowledge of this essential GERMAN vocabulary in a cooperative, communicative and interactive way, independently of the teacher. They have a bonus multi-skill focus on listening, speaking, pronunciation, reading and spelling. They’re great for helping students familiarize themselves with, and develop competence in, speaking, reading, writing and spelling in GERMAN in general, and certainly in GERMAN days, dates, months and seasons in particular.
The cards are useful not only when you’re focusing on this particular vocabulary area, but also as an all-year-round starter, plenary and general ‘pick-me-up’ activity, as the goal is not simply to learn how these words and phrases in GERMAN, but also to enjoy working with GERMAN, and to feel confident about doing so. The questions range in complexity and challenge, and some call upon prior knowledge too, helping students make links and build bridges in their learning. There may be some words students are not familiar with - these questions give them the opportunity to learn
and apply new language too. They also offer lots of opportunities for students to see and to use the dative form in dates.
The resource comprises the following:
* Set of 48 task cards, 4 per A4 (8.5 x 11) paper. Print, laminate and cut out. Depending on how long you want the activity to last for, choose a particular number of cards per small group of students, and place them in a tin, bowl or small box so that students can easily select a card, and then replace when they have answered the question. You can simply place all the cards in the bowl/box and let students work their way through, either in a single lesson, or across a series of lessons. Students do need to remember to file their recording sheets carefully!
* answer recording sheet - color & B&W background
* answer key, laminate for longevity - color & BW background. One answer key for each small group is sufficient - students can assess their own or each others’ work, which helps develop independence in learning, and is also a great teacher time-saver!
* 4 question cards template for students to apply their knowledge practically, and to
create questions for each other - this is a really challenging and popular activity!
* vocabulary reference sheet which students really useful as a learning support resource - it’s great as a year-round resource too, which they can put into their learning files/folders to call upon whenever they need it! Color & B&W background.
VIELEN DANK UND VIEL SPAß!