There is nothing better than having your plans prepped and ready during the Christmas season! This is why you need our GINGERBREAD Fine Motor Busy Bins (and the Santa Busy Bins
, and the Nativity Busy Bins
!) to make your December as stress free as possible.
This set includes 12 Gingerbread and Christmas themed activities
that all work those fine motor muscles. Help set your little learners up for success in tying shoes, writing, and scissor skills.
The busy bins are set up as completely independent morning work tub activities for pre-k
. But they are also PERFECT to use with younger preschoolers during circle and small group time.
----> The gingerbread fine motor busy bins are the 6th set in our ENDLESS Themed Fine Motor Busy Bins Bundle
. Buy the bundle and save!
Print and prep the fine motor busy bins, and store them in small storage containers with lids (mine are from Walmart - some teachers use ziplock or buckets too). Switch out the 12 activities each time you switch themes. It couldn't be more simple!
What is a busy bin exactly?
A busy bin is similar to a busy bag activity. You put the activity together and store it in a bin to be used over and over again. Busy bins are reusable learning activities – prep once and play forever!
Each fine motor busy bin activity comes with an instruction page and a label for your bin.
GINGERBREAD FINE MOTOR BUSY BINS
– Practice pre-writing and letter formation skills by building lowercase letters with gumdrops.
Gingerbread Shape Puzzles
- Put the puzzles together and build gingerbread shapes.
Cookie Decorating Play Dough Mats
- Use play dough to decorate the girl and boy gingerbread cookies.
Counting Buttons (1-12)
- Identify the number and use kid-friendly squeezers to place the correct number of buttons on the gingerbread cookie.
Shape Match Clip Cards
- Use clothespins to clip the matching shape on the gingerbread.
Pom Pom Gingerbread Houses
- Use kid-friendly squeezers to place pom poms on the gingerbread houses. Match the colors or decorate your own way!
Number Writing Cards (1-20)
- Create the squish bag with hair gel and food coloring or glitter and practice writing the numbers on the bag.
Peppermint Stick Snips
- Print the peppermint sticks on colored paper and practice cutting skills.
- Help the gingerbread boy and girl find the way back to the gingerbread house through the maze.
- Put together each puzzle to create a gingerbread themed candy puzzle. Each puzzle has 4 pieces.
Cookie Trace Cards
- Trace the cookie shapes on the dotted lines to practice writing skills.
Find & Mark It
- Find the matching pictures and mark each one with a mini eraser.
EXTRA SUPPLIES & MANIPULATIVES:
The printable pieces of each busy bin are included in the file. Laminating the pieces is recommended. The other supplies include:
gumdrops or pom poms
liquid water colors or food dye
dry erase markers
Don't stop here! You absolutely need the Gingerbread Literacy & Math Centers to go along with the Gingerbread Fine Motor Busy Bins