GIVER ACTIVITY DREAM SHARING: Help students empathize with Jonas from The Giver by Lois Lowry with this fun class activity to allow your students to share their dreams. The activity is intended for use after students have read chapter 6, and it is always fun and engaging!
SAVE BY PURCHASING THIS RESOURCE IN MY UNIT PLAN. CLICK BELOW!
BEST-SELLING UNIT PLAN FOR THE GIVER
HOW IT WORKS
• Students work with a group of 4 and imagine they are family members. Each group receives the dream prompt cards (included) with common topics for dreams that have symbolic meaning. Each member shares a dream they remember which connects with one of the topics. If they can't connect with any topic, they can share any dream they remember.
• After students have shared their dreams you will pass out the Dream Interpretation Cards (included) which explain the symbolic significance of each dream topic.
• Students discuss and reflect on the exercise and how it relates to the novel (discussion questions included in teacher instructions)
INCLUDED IN YOUR PURCHASE
• 24 Dream Prompt Cards
• 24 Dream Interpretation Cards
• Poster for classroom display
WHAT TEACHERS ARE SAYING ABOUT THIS ACTIVITY
♥ Creative activity that truly engaged my students and connected to the novel. Thank you.
♥ My students loved this activity
Like This Resource? Click The Links Below To See More By Presto Plans!
TpT BEST SELLER: A YEAR OF ENGLISH BELL RINGERS
THE OUTSIDERS UNIT PLAN
EDITING CELEBRITY SOCIAL MEDIA
© Presto Plans
★CLICK HERE TO RECEIVE 10 FREE ENGLISH TEACHER RESOURCES!