Also included in
- This unit plan print and digital bundle for The Giver by Lois Lowry has everything you will need to teach Lois Lowry’s award-winning novel in a traditional or 1:1 classroom. With over 340 slides of eye-catching Google Slides, Powerpoints digital and print assignments, questions, vocabulary, and intePrice $49.99Original Price $77.65Save $27.66
- GIVER UNIT PLAN: This unit plan for The Giver by Lois Lowry has everything you will need to teach Lois Lowry’s award-winning novel. With over 340 pages/slides of eye-catching powerpoints, printable assignments, questions, vocabulary, and interactive class activities, you will have everything you neePrice $29.99Original Price $47.66Save $17.67
- GIVER ACTIVITIES: Bring The Giver by Lois Lowry to life with these FUN and CREATIVE class activities that your students will love!==============================================================SAVE BY PURCHASING THIS RESOURCE IN A UNIT PLAN. CLICK BELOW!BEST-SELLING UNIT PLAN FOR THE GIVER==========Price $12.99Original Price $15.45Save $2.46
GIVER ACTIVITY CEREMONY OF 12: This fun, interactive simulation of the Ceremony of Twelve in The Giver by Lois Lowry will allow students to empathize with the members of Jonas’ community.
SAVE BY PURCHASING THIS RESOURCE IN A UNIT PLAN. CLICK BELOW!
HOW IT WORKS
Students will enter the classroom to a colorful poster welcoming them to the ceremony. The teacher is transformed into The Chief Elder who addresses the class with a speech (included in teacher instructions). Each student is designated an assignment and they receive an assignment card which states their roles and responsibilities in the community.
After students have received their assignment, they will have the choice of writing a journal (worksheet included), or to fill out an application for an assignment switch.
WHAT TEACHERS ARE SAYING ABOUT THIS ACTIVITY
♥ Another great product to use with The Giver. Students really enjoyed this activity. As a matter of fact, I saw some students this summer and the brought up this very activity with smiles on their faces! Thank you
♥ My 8th graders had such a blast with this assignment. Thank you for such an awesome and creative activity.
♥ Really fun for students and interesting way to get them thinking about their future goals.
♥ Love this activity! This was a perfect way to really get the students involved and thinking about the Ceremony of Twelve and different life assignments.
INCLUDED IN YOUR PURCHASE
• Teacher Instructions
• Poster for classroom
• 32 Assignment Cards with roles and responsibilities descriptions
• Journal assignment
• Application for job change assignment
Like This Resource? Click The Links Below To See More By Presto Plans!
© Presto Plans