Also included in
- GIVER ACTIVITIES: Bring The Giver by Lois Lowry to life with these FUN and CREATIVE class activities that your students will love!==============================================================SAVE BY PURCHASING THIS RESOURCE IN A UNIT PLAN. CLICK BELOW!BEST-SELLING UNIT PLAN FOR THE GIVER==========$12.99$15.45Save $2.46
- GIVER UNIT PLAN: This unit plan for The Giver by Lois Lowry has everything you will need to teach Lois Lowry’s award-winning novel. With over 340 pages/slides of eye-catching powerpoints, printable assignments, questions, vocabulary, and interactive class activities, you will have everything you nee$29.99$47.66Save $17.67
- This unit plan print and digital bundle for The Giver by Lois Lowry has everything you will need to teach Lois Lowry’s award-winning novel in a traditional or 1:1 classroom. With over 340 slides of eye-catching Google Slides, Powerpoints digital and print assignments, questions, vocabulary, and inte$49.99$77.65Save $27.66
GIVER FREE ACTIVITY: MEMORY TRANSMISSION: This fun, interactive simulation of the memory transmissions in The Giver by Lois Lowry will allow students to empathize with Jonas and also play the role of The Giver!
SAVE BY PURCHASING THIS RESOURCE IN MY UNIT PLAN. CLICK BELOW!
HOW IT WORKS:
Students will enter the classroom to a colorful poster welcoming them to the The Giver’s Annex. The teacher is transformed into Giver and gives each group of students descriptions of new memories that Jonas will receive. Some of the memories will be positive and others will be negative. Students discuss prompting questions that will have them understand the value of keeping the world’s memories safe.
After students have all the memories transmitted, they will shift into the role of The Giver and transmit one important historical memory to Jonas (worksheet included). Students absolutely LOVE this activity ☺
INCLUDED IN YOUR DOWNLOAD:
• Teacher Instructions
• Poster for classroom
• 5 Memory Cards with detailed descriptions
- Group Memory Transmission assignment
WHAT TEACHERS ARE SAYING ABOUT THIS RESOURCE
♥ Great resource for the Giver! I highly recommend purchasing the other resources for The Giver, too!
♥ My Honors 8th grade students read The Giver for summer reading. I check their reading with a quick assessment but want to do more before we move on to other utopias and dystopias. This is a great way for us to dive into the themes of the novel and get them thinking deeply and reflecting. Thank you!
♥Fun assignment to go with The Giver. Can't wait to try it with my students.
Like This Resource? Click The Links Below To See More By Presto Plans!
© Presto Plans
★CLICKHERE TO RECEIVE 10 FREE ENGLISH TEACHER RESOURCES!★