This download is made with the non-reader in mind. Every child knows and loves the card game “GO FISH”!! With this download students can play the classic “GO FISH” card game while practicing correct production of the /F/ phoneme in all positions of words. It includes one card game set of 48 picture cards to target /F/ production while playing the game of “ GO FISH” as well as extra cards for variety. This card set would be used in place of the original “GO FISH” game cards. They are look alike colored “GO FISH” cards with pictured /F/ words super imposed on each card. Students are asked to say the item pictured in a sentence each time they take their turn while playing the game. …” Do you have a feather?”. Also included in this download is:
• Directions for game play
• A list of the target words used in order to help the speech language therapist identify the pictured items if necessary.
• Extra cards for variety.
• A title sheet that can be used as a label for the Ziploc bag that the cards can be stored in.
DIRECTIONS FOR GAME PLAY
2 to 6 players
• Print the picture cards (pages 4-46) on cardstock and laminate for durability.
• 48 picture cards are used to play “GO FISH”. Choose 12 picture card sets from below. Each set contains 4 identical picture cards. You will have a total of 48 picture cards for game play. More cards have been included for variety.
• Shuffle the 48 picture cards in the deck.
• Once the cards are shuffled, the dealer should deal 5 cards to each player keeping the cards facedown. If there are only two players, then deal 7 cards to each player. Place the rest of the deck in the center of the table in a draw pile.
Playing The Game:
• Randomly choose a player to go first.
• On your turn, ask a player for a specific card. For example: "Tommy, do you have a fish?" You must already hold at least one card of the requested cards.
• If the player you ask has any cards of the requested item, he or she must give all of his/her cards of that item to you. In the example, Barb would have to give you all of her rings.
• If you get one or more cards from the player you ask, you get another turn. You may ask any player for any item you already hold, including the same one you just asked for.
• If the person you ask has no relevant cards, they say, "Go fish." You then draw the top card from the draw pile.
• If you happen to draw a card of the item asked for, show it to the other players and you get another turn. However, if you draw a card that's not the item you asked for, it becomes the next player's turn. You keep the drawn card, whatever item it is.
NOTE: The "next player" is the one who said, "Go fish."
• When you collect a set of four cards of the same item, immediately show the set to the other players and place the four cards face down in front of yourself.
Go Fish continues until either someone has no cards left in their hand or the draw pile runs out. The winner is the player who then has the most sets of four.
/F/ TARGET WORDS INCLUDED!!
fan, farm, feet, fence, fox, fireman, muffin, coffee, elephant, dolphin, giraffe, scarf, uniform, feather, fish, briefcase, chef, pacifier, family, forest, five, four, fork, waffle, trophy, football, leaf, sofa, fingers, knife, microphone, laughing, father, face, food, funnel, safe, referee, buffalo, fist, fever, fairy, phone, ear muff, folder, golf, elf, shelf