The Student GPA Success Bundle is PERFECT for Study Hall, Homeroom, AVID, counseling or any other time you are facilitating student reflection on their performance across classes. The Student GPA Success Log is a packet of resources I’ve developed over the past 4 years that has facilitated some of the most meaningful dialogue I’ve had with students about their grades and what they can do to raise their grades. While I include 3 lessons and 4 handouts, because they're designed to be repeated, it can provide a fairly regular weekly lesson for you.
I created the GPA goal graph and Success log in response to a particularly tricky 6th grade AVID class I had one year. It was clear to me that my students were struggling to see the connection between the little things—taking notes, asking the teacher for help, and completing their homework—and their own grades. Because they didn’t know what they could do to raise their grades, it started affecting their confidence in school. I wanted something that would empower my students, that would give them the keys to take control.
While I’ve primarily used these resources for 6th graders, it can be used with secondary students of all ages. All students can benefit from checking in with their own progress towards their goal GPA, as well as reminders about what resources and advocacy tools exist in their own toolbox to help them along.
In this bundle, you will receive:
1. Tracking my GPA Graph
- an attractive way for students to keep track of their own GPA data, with accompanying lesson.
2. Calculating my GPA Organizer
- A comprehensive, easy-to-follow guide for students to calculate their GPA at any point of the year, with easy-to-follow accompanying lesson plan.
3. Missing Assignment Check Organizer
- an organized handout to help students keep track of their missing and low assignments, with accompanying lesson plan to help students develop a plan to get those assignments done.
4. Student Success Log
- A reflective log for students to determine a GPA goal, celebrate their study skill achievements for the week, and create goals for the next week.