GRAMMAR, SPELLING & PUNCTUATION IN CELEBRITY SOCIAL MEDIA UPDATES
This best-selling resource allows students to edit grammar, spelling, and punctuation in a fun and modern way! Students will have the chance to read some of their favorite celebrities' social media updates to find errors, correct them, and give reasons for their corrections!
Want more celebrity grammar errors? Check out VOLUME 2!
This Resource Is Included In My Grammar Bundle. Click Below!
Grammar Resource Bundle
What Is Included In Your Purchase:
• 20 social media updates for students to edit (3 different sizes)
• Detailed answer key provided with reasoning for all edits
• A powerpoint presentation to go over all of the edits with your students
• A worksheet for students to go home and find their own errors on social media
• A poster to display this work on a bulletin board
Feedback On This Resource
• Great way to engage students! Kids love reading them and are engaged in the editing process. Perfect!
• My students couldn't stop talking about these. Great teachable moments.
• Can we get a volume #2?! I LOVE this activity. Students were excited about which celeb we would use! Not your momma's grammar edit for sure.
How Can This Resource Be Used?:
This product can be used in a few different ways:
1. Celebrity Edit of the Week:
Introduce one of the updates to your class per week for 20 weeks. Everyone gets a copy and makes the edits and reasoning on their own (or you can do it in groups or pairs). Then you can use the Powerpoint to go over them together as a class and come to a consensus.
2. Writing Centers:
Include a packet of the worksheets at a writing center where students can choose which updates to work on. Edits can be made in their writing notebook rather than on the sheet (so you don’t have to make tons of copies). You can also make an answer key booklet for them to use after they are done!
3. Pair Work:
Give each pair of students a worksheet and have them complete it together. Then each pair can present the update to the class and share what edits they made. The class can give further suggestions.
4. Group Work:
Give a group of three or four students one of the sheets and have them come to an agreement about the edits to make and the rewritten sentence. The group can present the update to the class when they are finished.
Like This Resource? Click The Links Below To See More By Presto Plans!
TpT BEST SELLER: A YEAR OF ENGLISH BELL RINGERS
BACK TO SCHOOL RESOURCE BUNDLE (TpT BEST SELLER)
50 PRINTABLE CREATIVE ASSIGNMENTS
© Presto Plans
Click HERE To Sign Up For 2 Weeks Of FREE English Bell Ringers