GRAMMAR CHALLENGE FULL YEAR PROGRAM ESCAPE CHALLENGES | PRINT VERSION
What educators are saying
Products in this Bundle (40)
showing 1-5 of 40 products
This full-year grammar program will bring your grammar instruction to life with 40 weeks of creative stories, instructional slides, escape-room style challenges, and assessment!
Raise your hand if you are tired of…
Trying to find ways to make grammar fun and interactive for your students.
Hearing groans and grumbles whenever you tell students you will be working on grammar.
Correcting the same grammar errors in your students' writing over and over again.
Teaching grammar does not have to be this way!
Introducing The Grammar Challenge Program
The Grammar Challenge is full-year, 40-week grammar program for middle and high school English language arts teachers that includes assessment, instruction, narrative stories, and weekly escape-style challenges to improve student grammar, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
What grammar topics does it cover?
- You’re vs. your
- There, their, they’re
- Its vs. it’s
- To, too, two
- Commas in a series
- Commas with conjunctions
- Commas with direct address
- Coordinating conjunctions
- Coordinate adjectives
- Comma splices
- Run-on sentences
- Misplaced modifiers
- Double negatives
- Me vs. I
- Misused words
- Parallel structure
- Subject-verb agreement
- Punctuating dialogue
- Verb moods
- Active vs. passive voice
- Parts of speech
- Adjectives vs. adverbs
- Subordinating conjunctions
- Simple sentences
- Compound sentences
- Complex sentences
- Compound-complex sentences
How do each of the challenges work?
- Start by assigning the quiz to check your students’ understanding of the topic before you begin.
- Use the Powerpoint presentation to guide you through each element of the lesson and activity. The slides will help you teach the grammar concept, introduce the story and challenge, and review the answers.
- Read the narrative story as a class to hook students and introduce the challenge.
- Once you have completed the quiz, taught the grammar concept, and read the story, students are ready to try the grammar challenge!
- When students find the answer, you can share the conclusion slides to wrap up the story.
- Want to check to see if your students’ understanding of the concept has improved? Assign the pre-assessment quiz again after they have completed the challenge to see if they have improved.
What is included in each of the 40 challenges?
- A pre-assessment quiz with teacher answer key
- An original narrative backstory that puts students within the story and sets up the challenge
- A Powerpoint presentation to guide the lesson and activity with instructional slides, activity prompts, the narrative story text, story conclusion slides, and an answer keys for review
- An interactive escape-room style challenge where students must use their knowledge of grammar concepts to complete the challenge
© Presto Plans © Limitless Lessons
CLICK HERE TO RECEIVE 10 FREE ENGLISH TEACHER RESOURCES