GRAMMAR CHALLENGE PROGRAM ESCAPE CHALLENGES DIGITAL & PRINT BUNDLE
This full-year grammar program will bring your grammar instruction to life with 40 weeks of creative stories, instructional slides, escape-room style challenges, and assessment! This is a discounted bundle of both the digital version and print version of The Grammar Challenge.
Raise your hand if you are tired of…
- Trying to find ways to make grammar fun and interactive for your students.
- Hearing groans and grumbles whenever you tell students you will be working on grammar.
- Correcting the same grammar errors in your students' writing over and over again.
Teaching grammar does not have to be this way!
Introducing The Grammar Challenge Program
The Grammar Challenge is full-year, 40-week grammar program for middle and high school English language arts teachers that includes assessment, instruction, narrative stories, and weekly escape-style challenges to improve student grammar, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills. Everything comes in a print-ready version as well as a paperless, digital version.
What grammar topics does it cover?
- You’re vs. your
- There, their, they’re
- Its vs. it’s
- To, too, two
- Commas in a series
- Commas with conjunctions
- Commas with direct address
- Coordinating conjunctions
- Coordinate adjectives
- Comma splices
- Run-on sentences
- Misplaced modifiers
- Double negatives
- Me vs. I
- Misused words
- Parallel structure
- Subject-verb agreement
- Punctuating dialogue
- Verb moods
- Active vs. passive voice
- Parts of speech
- Adjectives vs. adverbs
- Subordinating conjunctions
- Simple sentences
- Compound sentences
- Complex sentences
- Compound-complex sentences
How do each of the challenges work?
- Start by assigning the paper or digital quiz to check your students’ understanding of the topic before you begin. An answer key is provided for the print version, or the digital option is self-grading!
- Use the Powerpoint presentation or the Google Slides presentation to guide you through each element of the lesson and activity. The slides will help you teach the grammar concept, introduce the story and challenge, and review the answers.
- Read the narrative story as a class to hook students and introduce the challenge. The stories are provided in print format and on a digital Google Slide for students to read.
- Once you have completed the quiz, taught the grammar concept, and read the story, students are ready to try the grammar challenge! The print version includes all of the printable materials you need to facilitate the activity. For the digital version, simply share the link with students and they are ready to complete the challenge on their device!
- When students find the answer, you can share the conclusion slides in the teacher presentation to wrap up the story. In the digital version, a password-protected file is also included in the challenge where students can check their answers and the conclusion is revealed if they are correct.
- Want to check to see if your students’ understanding of the concept has improved? Assign the pre-assessment quiz again after they have completed the challenge to see if they have improved.
What is included in each of the 40 challenges?
- A pre-assessment quiz (print version and Google forms self-grading version)
- An original narrative backstory that puts students within the story and sets up the challenge (both print and digital version)
- A Powerpoint and Google Slides presentation to guide the lesson and activity with instructional slides, activity prompts, the narrative story text, story conclusion slides, and an answer keys for review
- An interactive escape-room style challenge where students must use their knowledge of complex sentences to complete the challenge. The challenge comes in print format or in a digital format where students can complete it on a device.
- A link to a password-protected file where students can check their own answer
© Presto Plans © Limitless Lessons