This is a very versatile activity that can be used in so many different ways. This could be used in a second or third grade classroom as review or as a companion to the normal grammar unit, assessment or as a center. It could possibly be used for a differentiated higher level first grade group. The unit can be taught in whatever order you like.
I am always thinking of new ways to study grammar and to make it meaningful yet fun. I am a project learning teacher and wanted to incorporate that into grammar. I finally came up with this idea. I use graphic organizers all the time in reading and writing so I thought why not try to combine all the center activities I do into a presentation somehow? And the Grammar Organizer Board was created!
Activities included for plural nouns:
• Writing the definition of a plural noun and making a small booklet
• Plural noun rules- booklet with examples
• Determining if the noun is singular or plural- chart
• Singular vs. plural nouns and writing sentences- flip book
• Spelling plural nouns- booklet
• Writing sentences using a noun in singular and plural form- booklet