Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Looking for a Greek mythology unit for an older audience? Take those beloved mythological stories and ramp them up with this MASSIVE bundle that includes FIVE WEEKS OF COMPLETE LESSON MATERIALS designed for advanced middle school students and high school freshmen/sophomores as they connect their studies of Greek mythology to our modern world and their own lives. Everything you’ll need is included; no textbooks needed.
This Greek mythology unit is one of my students’ favorites of the year. I’ve used it successfully with eighth graders and both regular and honors freshmen. It nicely covers the important elements of Greek mythology and provides an excellent background before my freshmen launch their study of Homer’s epic poem, The Odyssey.
This HUGE bundle includes:
• A day-by-day calendar to follow with helpful details and nightly homework assignments (read this file first when you open the bundle)
• Beautiful, modern-designed copies of 12 Greek myths (including: the creation story of Gaea and Uranus, Kronos and Zeus, Prometheus, Pandora, Demeter, Psyche and Eros, Daedalus and Icarus, Narcissus and Echo, Orpheus, Midas, Theseus, and Perseus)
• Instructions/Rubric for a binder project to help students organize their work
• Notesheet template with a completed sample to show your students the depth-of-thought you’re requiring for them to earn full points as they read each myth
• 8-slide Powerpoint of Quickwrite topics that help students connect themes of the Greek myths to their own lives
• Culturally diverse creation jigsaw activity (4-page PDF with 4-slide Powerpoint)
• Fall of Icarus cross-curricular art, poetry, music lesson (6-page PDF with 1-slide Powerpoint and 1 music file link)
• Modern Theseus lecture connecting the hero to The Hunger Games’ Katniss Everdeen (link to Prezi included)
• Master list of 50 flashcard characters from the Greek myths (also included on day-by-day calendar)
• Essay assignment (1-page PDF)
• 40-question end-of-unit exam with answer key (4-page PDF)
• Hero’s Journey overview lecture (link to Prezi included)
• Hero’s Journey speech assignment, list of modern film topics, and a grading rubric (3-page PDF)
This is a total of 80+ pages of rich content, plus two visually dynamic Prezis with “zoom” animation to “wow” your class.
Note: The Culturally Diverse Creation Myth Jigsaw activity, Fall of Icarus lesson, and Hero's Journey are sold separately at my store, but are included here. No need to purchase these items separately if you grab this budget-priced bundle. All other items are available only as part of this bundle.
Thanks for stopping by!