Also included in
- This AP Lang and Comp Bundle includes slideshow lessons and writing activities for teaching the synthesis essay, argumentative writing, rhetorical analysis, expository texts, and more. Included in this resource are several tasks, collaborative activities, projects and assessments to prepare student$102.35$145.30Save $42.95
- This Literature Circle Bundle includes resources to facilitate student-led independent novel studies. Includes literature circle jobs, literature circle projects, literature circle rubrics, and literature circle final assignments, as well as materials to facilitate discussions. Suitable for middle$9.00$10.35Save $1.35
- Looking for middle school mini lessons, worksheets, handouts, and activities to teach literacy in the secondary English Language Arts classroom? This MASSIVE bundle includes reading, writing, speaking and listening activities for over 29 weeks of daily lessons, activities and literacy tasks!⚡️⚡️⚡️ OVE$120.00$200.35Save $80.35
This outline is applicable to the harkness method, socratic seminar, fishbowl discussion and other ELA speaking assessments for the secondary classroom. Includes discussion strategies, grading scale, templates, contribution categories and examples.
DEVELOP CONVERSATIONAL SKILLS & HIGH-LEVEL THINKING
OVER 40 SENTENCE STEMS AND 30 CONTRIBUTION SUGGESTIONS
ASSESSMENT SPREADSHEET WITH EXAMPLE INCLUDED
How to use this resource:
Included in this discussion outline are over 40 sentence stems to scaffold students towards contributing appropriately in formal, academic discussions. A contribution suggestion key is also provided, which students will become familiar with, and begin to offer rich, diverse responses during classroom conversations.
Also included are 21 Question Prompts for Any Novel – use these questions to guide class-wide discussions, or provide them to students for smaller classroom conversations about any literary text.
Assessment material has been provided to enable you to grade group discussions with ease. The individual rubric can be used for sitting in on student-led conversations. Data tracking templates, formatted for Google Sheets®, Microsoft Excel®, and paper-based learning, will also offer qualitative and quantitative data to you and your students.
A graded example Data Tracking sheet has also been provided in order to model expectations and demonstrate a completed discussion to your students. This sheet is annotated to elaborate on the rationale for students’ grades.
Finally, a demonstration video showing how I use these resources has also been included. These video instructions will guide you through these materials and how to best implement them with your students.
You might also be interested in Mondays Made Easy's Reading Strategies.
⭐ Customer Tip! ⭐
Want FREE CREDIT to go towards purchases? Make sure to offer feedback for your downloads! Follow these instructions below:
- Go to your "My Purchases" page to find a "Provide Feedback" button next to each download.
- Follow this link to offer a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases!
- Your feedback is important to me as it helps me to continually improve my products and ensure they are meeting your needs!
Follow me! Be the first to know about product launches, sales, discounts, and free giveaways:
➾ The Blog
For questions, collaborations, or other concerns:
✉ Contact me: email@example.com
Access my Free Resource Library!
Mondays Made Easy is committed to the continual improvement of resources to meet the current needs of teachers. This product was last updated on October 27, 2020.