Help students develop a growth mindset in your classroom with this huge bundle of activities, posters, assignments, presentations, handouts, video clips, and much more! The resources in this bundle are meant to encourage resilience, hard-work, dedication, and improvement. Click the green preview button below to get a closer look!
INCLUDED IN YOUR PURCHASE (Click individual titles for more information)
GROWTH MINDSET INTRODUCTION
Introduce growth mindset to your students with this ready-to-use resource. After viewing this presentation, participating in the video activity prompts, and reading the handout, students will have a strong understanding of growth and fixed mindset! Included in this resource:
• A 20 slide Powerpoint presentation that includes discussion prompts, famous failures, video clips, information on fixed and growth mindset, growth and fixed mindset statements, and real-world examples in video! Youtube required.
• A student handout that includes all of the most important information from the presentation.
GROWTH MINDSET CLASSROOM CHALLENGE
Teachers set up the "Growth Mindset Classroom Challenge" bulletin board display that includes 20 hidden activity prompts. Once a challenge is revealed, the teacher finds the corresponding activity in the folder, passes it out to the class, and they are ready to go! The activities typically take 10-15 minutes each, but some could easily be extended. Use it as a daily bell-ringer or as an activity to do when class finishes early.
There are 20 prompts included. Below are a few of the prompts to give you an idea:
• Write a short fictional paragraph about someone facing a challenge who has a fixed mindset. Give the story to a partner to rewrite it to show a growth mindset.
• Imagine you are an advice columnist for a newspaper. Read two letters you receive and offer advice based on the principals of growth mindset (letters included in purchase).
• Some of the most successful and famous people in the world have struggled with hardships. Read about these people and respond to the questions (readings included in purchase).
• Work alone to fold a paper crane. When you are done, discuss with a partner. Was it easy or challenging? How did you react when it was going well? How did you react to challenges? (Instructions included in purchase)
• You will be given a quote that is related to growth mindset. Write a short paragraph about what it means to you (quotes included in purchase).
INCLUDED IN THIS RESOURCE:
• Teacher assembly instructions
• Pictures to help you set up your board and activities.
• A teacher master list of the growth mindset challenges in order.
• Everything you need to set up your display (posters, templates, prompts etc).
• Folder labels for each of the challenges.
• 44 Pages of everything you need to facilitate the activities (some also include posters to display student work).
• Black and white versions of the bulletin display AND all activities for easy printing.
GROWTH MINDSET FAMOUS QUOTES POSTERS
Inspire your students with these 20 colorful growth mindset posters that feature quotes from famous and influential people in history. Change the poster up once a week for a "Growth Mindset Quote Of The Week" (poster for weekly display included!) or use the posters to create a large bulletin display! Each poster includes a quote that relates to growth mindset, a picture of the person, as well as a brief explanation of who they are/what they are known for.
Also included are Powerpoint slides with prompting questions to use as bell ringers as well as two student response sheet assignments where students can respond to the meaning of the quote, consider how it relates to their world, and if it still holds significance today. Have the whole class complete the assignment, or use it as an enrichment activity for your more curious students.
GROWTH MINDSET VIDEO JOURNALS
Help students develop a growth mindset with these 20 video journal writing prompts (YouTube required). Students watch a short, engaging clip related to growth mindset and respond to a writing prompt.
INCLUDED IN YOUR PURCHASE:
• A Powerpoint presentation with a total of 20 video clips and writing prompts to promote and foster growth mindset. Use one every couple weeks to last you the whole year!
• A journal response sheet for student use (2 sizes)
• An easy-to-use rubric that makes for quick marking
* Videos have all been previewed, but teachers should always watch the videos to ensure they are appropriate for their particular students.
GROWTH MINDSET MUSIC LYRICS
This resource includes 5 modern, engaging assignments that have students examine a song that promotes a growth mindset!
INCLUDED IN YOUR PURCHASE
• A 5 slide Powerpoint presentation with links to music videos for each of the songs for students to watch (Youtube required)
• 5 Growth Mindset Song Assignments: Each assignment has students examine the lyrics more closely and answer 4 questions that allow for deeper understanding and also self-reflection. Lyrics are not included for copyright reasons, but links to the lyrics are provided.
• Detailed answer keys for each assignment to make for easy marking or full-class review.
GROWTH MINDSET TEXT MESSAGES
This resource includes 5 modern, engaging assignments that have students examine and respond to text message conversations that use growth and fixed mindset!
INCLUDED IN YOUR PURCHASE
• 5 Growth Mindset Text Message Assignments: Each assignment has students examine a text message conversation and determine if the two people are using a growth or a fixed mindset. Students will also answer a question that allows them to provide their own personal response or advice to the people texting.
• Detailed teacher answer keys for each assignment to make for easy marking or full-class review.
• An extension activity that allows students to write their own growth and/or fixed mindset text message conversation. They exchange with a partner and answer questions.
GROWTH MINDSET POSTERS AND STUDENT CARDS
Brighten up your classroom with these 20 posters and cards that feature quotes that inspire a growth mindset!
INCLUDED IN YOUR PURCHASE
• Title poster for bulletin board display that reads "Growth Mindset"
• 6 Quote posters that will inspire your students to have a growth mindset.
• 6 Cards with quotes to keep in your desk to give to students when you notice them using a fixed mindset. Simply cut out the card, fold it, and write a personal message inside for your student to encourage them to keep going.
© Presto Plans
★CLICK HERE TO RECEIVE 10 FREE ENGLISH TEACHER RESOURCES!