Do your students have a growth mindset or a fixed mindset? Do they have a positive perspective or a negative perspective?
The activities in this unit are intended to inspire students to take responsibility for their learning and enable them to think critically about what it takes to be successful. Teaching students the value of a growth mindset and PERSPECTIVE early on, will support their endeavors throughout a lifetime. Evidence shows that there is value in the belief that you can get smarter through challenges and seeing things from different points of view. PERSPECTIVE, and understanding the impact it has on us is important for all students whether they excel or struggle.
In addition to Perspective Activities, you will find a complete lesson about Optical Illusions and Tessellations. Students recreate the art of M.C. Escher. The art can be turned into a craftivity that makes for a beautiful bulletin board! Check out more details in my preview.
The pages are structured so that teachers are able to read along with students or have students read independently, complete the activities as a whole group and then discuss or share. The workshop is designed to be easy prep and easy follow-through. I find that the natural discussions are the best part! Enjoy!
Learning Objectives | After completing the lessons in this workshop, students will:
• Identify and appreciate your own perspective and the perspective of others
• Recognize the benefits of looking at something from a different perspective
• Understand that things may not always be what one perceives.
• Know that perspectives can change for a variety of reasons (with age, experience, empathy, compassion etc…)
• An interactive MC Escher Perspective Craftivity
• Informational Text
• Discussion Prompts
• Is Everything a Matter of Perspective? Suggested YouTube Video included
• Optical Illusions | Things Are Not Always What You Perceive Them To Be
• Meet MC Escher
• What Are Tessellations?
• Teacher Displays
• Create a Tessellation Craftivity
• Reflection Activity | How to Change a Negative Perspective
• Bonus: Bulletin Board Banner Letters that spell out, PERSPECTIVES
Print on colored paper, cut and arrange on wall, easy breezy…3 Cloud Quotes for Décor as well as a blank cloud to write your own quote or response
Need more Growth Mindset Activities? Check out these fun activities
Star Wars Growth Mindset | YODA Edition
Don't forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases. I love positive feedback!
TPT teacher authors appreciate you taking time out to provide some detail about how you like or how you used their products.
If you are dissatisfied for any reason, please offer me the chance to tweak or make corrections to the product before leaving a negative review. To do this, simply send me an email so that I have a chance to make sure your expectations are met.
Also, follow me and be notified when new products are uploaded. New products are always 50% off for the first 24 hours they are posted. It pays to follow me!
Thank you so much,
Follow me at:
My TpT Store: GATER Educator
Instagram: GATER Educator
Facebook: GATER Educator
©GATER Educator. All rights reserved
This Enrichment Workshop is perfect for a GATE pullout program, Monthly Gifted Curriculum, Parent-led enrichment, Grade-level rotation, Homeschool, After-school or Sub Plans