Growth Mindset self-talk and writing prompts together . . . genius! Twenty-six writing prompts, each based on Growth Mindset words from letters A-Z. Writing prompts integrate the principles of Growth Mindset and help students check their thinking, focus on affirming self-talk, and believe they can learn anything with diligence and persistence!
Engaging, student-friendly, and ready to print-and-go (NO PREP!), these writing prompts will save you loads of time and set your classroom up for successful recognition of Growth Mindset all year long!
Created for grades 6-9, this resource is perfect for:
- bell ringers
- whole class or small group activity
- individual literacy skills practice
- literacy stations
- substitute folders
- social-emotional learning (SEL)
- character education
- building classroom community
- helping students step into their power
GROWTH MINDSET SELF-TALK WRITING PROMPTS:
- include expository, narrative, persuasive and descriptive writing
- engage students in critical thinking and meaningful writing
- instill positive attitudes about taking responsibility for one’s own learning
- encourage habits that will help students persevere through challenges
- empower students to develop work ethics that will help them succeed in all subjects
THIS RESOURCE INCLUDES:
- 26 writing prompts, each one based on Growth Mindset words from letters A-Z
- A 10-point rubric and a 4-point rubric
- Two warm-up activities (or anticipation guides)
- Teaching tips, ideas, tools, and strategies to help you implement growth strategy in your middle school or high school classroom
Peek at the preview for a closer look at this resource!
See corresponding print-'n-go classroom posters here.
DIFFERENTIATION AND RESEARCH-BASED PEDAGOGY:
- Research indicates that students who understand they can get smarter and stronger with hard work put in extra time and effort, leading to higher achievement.
- Writing prompts foster the transfer of growth mindset habits from short-term memory to long-term memory.
- Growth mindset writing activities can be integrated in all disciplines, allowing for the integration of ELA and other subjects.
- Writing prompts develop communication skills and allow students to informally express their ideas and can be used as formative assessments.
- Resource fonts with ease-of-readability have been intentionally chosen so that posters are easy to read for students with reading disabilities such as dyslexia.
I ♥ FOLLOWERS!
Click here to follow me and be the first to know about store discounts, free products, and product launches!
THANK YOU FOR YOUR FEEDBACK!
If you find this resource useful for your students, please leave feedback for other teachers. If the resource can be revised to better meet your students' needs, please reach out to me via my email or Q&A tab.
HAPPY TEACHING -- I'M CHEERING YOU ON!
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
© Literary Sherri www.literarysherri.com