Also included in
- Looking for middle school mini lessons, worksheets, handouts, and activities to teach literacy in the secondary English Language Arts classroom? This MASSIVE bundle includes reading, writing, speaking and listening activities for over 29 weeks of daily lessons, activities and literacy tasks!⚡️⚡️⚡️ OVE$120.00$200.35Save $80.35
- Updated for distance learning! This Back to School Bundle includes classroom management tools and community-building activities to establish daily routines, classroom expectations, and a growth mindset for the new school year. Use these Back to School Activities for Middle School and High School cl$27.85$43.60Save $15.75
- Foster strong classroom community and growth mindset culture in your middle school or high school classrooms using these icebreaker games, personality quizzes, and organizational tools.⚡⚡⚡ SAVE OVER 30% WITH THE BUNDLE DISCOUNT! ⚡⚡⚡Resources included in this bundle:1.Back to School STUDENT SURVEY Ed$18.25$26.45Save $8.20
These five stress management techniques promote focus and well-being in middle school and high school. They are also a great social-emotional distance learning activity as they encourage emotion regulation, self-awareness, and empathy.
FIVE SCRIPTS AND AUDIO RECORDINGS
PROMOTE SOCIAL-EMOTIONAL LEARNING
MANAGE STRESS, ANXIETY, AND WELL-BEING
How to use this resource:
Meditation is a practice dating back to ancient civilizations and highly regarded by modern science. Mindfulness is a widely discussed concept in current education, with some schools even replacing disciplinary measures with meditation practices.
There is endless value in incorporating meditation techniques into your classroom routine. Peer-reviewed research has identified the physical, mental, and social-emotional benefits, including increased focus, confidence, and self-awareness, along with a reduction in stress, anxiety, insomnia, and depression.
Meditation is a lifelong tool that can be taught to students of any age group and in any subject area. As a certified Yoga Instructor and classroom educator, I created these mindful meditation scripts and recordings so that you and your students can gain from the endless benefits that this practice can offer. I have tried and tested all of these meditations with my students with plenty of success and positive feedback. We found them especially useful when practicing public speaking.
Each script within this resource offers a different style of meditation, including:
- Sensory Meditation (9 min 15 sec)
- Loving-Kindness Visualization Meditation (7 min 27 sec)
- Ascending Breath Meditation (7 min 16 sec)
- Focused Attention Meditation (5 min 26 sec)
- Jacobson's Relaxation Technique (5 min)
Your students may wish to understand the benefits of these meditation practices. For this reason, a research-based article snippet has been included with each script.
Each guided meditation has also been recorded and provided in .MP3 and .WAV format. You can use these resources to utilize meditation on remote learning platforms or to simply play the audio version of the guided meditation so that you can participate with your class.
This resource is also included in Mondays Made Easy's BACK TO SCHOOL BUNDLE for Procedures and Routines. This bundle includes classroom management tools and community-building activities to establish daily routines, classroom expectations, and a growth mindset for the new school year. Click here to preview this resource.
You might also be interested in Mondays Made Easy's Back To School Resources.
⭐ Customer Tip! ⭐
Want FREE CREDIT to go towards purchases? Make sure to offer feedback for your downloads! Follow these instructions below:
- Go to your "My Purchases" page to find a "Provide Feedback" button next to each download.
- Follow this link to offer a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases!
- Your feedback is important to me as it helps me to continually improve my products and ensure they are meeting your needs!
Follow me! Be the first to know about product launches, sales, discounts, and free giveaways:
➾ The Blog
For questions, collaborations, or other concerns:
✉ Contact me: email@example.com
Access my Free Resource Library!
Mondays Made Easy is committed to the continual improvement of resources to meet the current needs of teachers. This product was last updated on May 20, 2021.