Also included in
- CRITICAL THINKING SOCRATES AND THE INSANITY DEFENSEPERFECT PAIRING #1 The Socratic Method and Dilemma One Sheet #3 (10% discount)I teach The Socratic Method first and then Daily Dilemma #3 in my course: Justice and Law/Revenge and RetributionThese two products go especially well together. The Socrat$14.40$16.00Save $1.60
- CRITICAL THINKING DILEMMA ONE SHEET AND POSTER PROJECT (FAMOUS TRIALS) BUNDLEThese two products are bundled together with a 20% discountPERFECT PAIRING: POSTER PROJECT AND DILEMMA ONE SHEET #3DILEMMA ONE SHEET (#3)Informational text, critical thinking activity, debateEthics, Justice, LawInformationa$12.40$15.50Save $3.10
- CRITICAL THINKING | DILEMMA ONE SHEET GROWING BUNDLE ❤️❤️ DISCOUNTED BY 30% ❤️❤️******PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE IS PROFANE LANGUAGE IN THE MICHELLE CARTER FILE********BONUS UPGRADE!! DILEMMAS ONE, FOUR, FIVE, AND SEVEN, AND ARE NOW READY TO GO FOR DISTANCE LEARNING! ALSO, THERE ARE TWO EXTRA QUESTIONS RE$54.25$72.50Save $18.25
GUN VIOLENCE | GUN VIOLENCE AND MENTAL HEALTH | CRITICAL THINKING ACTIVITY
DILEMMA ONE SHEET (#3) (Ethics, Justice)
My DILEMMAS are an excellent supplement to any class focusing on ethics, law, justice, argumentative writing, and debate, and they also work well as last-minute sub plans or stand-alone lessons.
Should insanity be a defense against first degree murder?
United States v. John Hinckley, Jr.
DILEMMA ONE SHEET (#3)
A perfect activity for critical thinking and analytical reasoning.
United States v. John Hinckley, Jr. (1982)
INCLUDED IN THIS PRODUCT ARE THE FOLLOWING:
✔ A ONE SHEET DILEMMA. Traditionally one sheets are single page documents that summarize a person’s accomplishments, a product, or a film. They are sometimes used to introduce new artists and/or films. They usually contain an image or two, biographical information, and taglines. I have created these DILEMMA ONE SHEETS to help students engage in critical reasoning and to introduce them to philosophy, ethics, law, and justice. They may be used as homework or class work, individual or group work, and even as seminar or debate preparation.
✔ There are two 11x17 One Sheets with information for students.
✔ You may print them on regular size paper - the font looks quite small but is still legible - or print them on 11x17 paper. You can also project them on the overhead so the entire class can work through the One Sheet at the same time. I create an assignment in Google Classroom where I post the PDF and then create a separate file where students can answer the questions and submit their answers. You can also take a screenshot of the questions and put them into a Slides folder along with another slide for the answers.
✔ Teacher notes – these are presented in the same One Sheet format - there are three 11x17 pages - so they are equivalent to SIX regular pages of notes. Some of the notes are from other sources besides the trial site. These notes include some information of ethical theories that relate to the Insanity Defense including information on Consequentialism and Deontology. There is also information on Socrates’ teaching on moral responsibility.
✔ You could use the teacher notes as part of an overhead presentation.
✔ Student questions and answers (there are seven short answers).
✔ JUST ADDED: An additional seven questions with corresponding links so that the questions may be turned into research projects or these links may provide additional teacher notes.
✔ The student One Sheet includes the following sub-headings:
WHO IS THIS CASE ABOUT?
JUDGEMENT AND AFTERMATH
QUESTIONS (TEN IN TOTAL)
✔ My Dilemma One Sheet assignments are followed by either the creation of an Infographic or a Poster. Both of these assignments are a great follow up to the study of these famous trials. There are links to these products on the last page of the unit and the preview. The poster on the cover is an example of a student creation where they had to display concepts from both this trial and sections of Plato’s .
Feedback on my Dilemma One Sheets:
“Sub lesson that the sub and kids thoroughly enjoyed. It has inspired me to create more of my own. Thank you for this little gem.”
“So grateful for this resource!!”
“This was apparently a perfect sub lesson for my 10th grade. So sad I missed out on it with the kids! Thanks. They had a blast with this.”
“I teach an intervention class for freshman and they loved this little lesson! Very engaging.”
• CRITICAL THINKING - DILEMMA ONE SHEET (#2) critical thinking, debate
• CRITICAL THINKING - SOCRATES AND THE INSANITY DEFENSE
• CRITICAL THINKING ACTIVITIES: DILEMMA ONE SHEET (#1) Informational text
• CRITICAL THINKING: DILEMMA ONE SHEET (#5) (cross-curricular, 1st Amendment)
• Critical Thinking: LIFE OF PI and DAILY DILEMMA #1
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase, you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Copyright © jellycat-in-the-snow productions
All rights reserved by author Permission to copy for single classroom use only Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only
Please remember that any of the products that you download from my store are my copyrighted property and licensed only for you to share with your direct students. If another teacher wants to use these same products, they will need to purchase them directly from my TpT store, or you may purchase an additional license for them. None of my products may be shared online. Posting of my copyrighted materials may happen only in a password-protected environment, such as Google Classroom, and accessed only by your students. Posting on public websites (WordPress, Blogger, Facebook Groups, etc.) is strictly prohibited.