At the bell, spend 5 minutes reinforcing algebra skills AND preparing for standardized tests with these practice problems. This free sample includes exercises from Set 1: Pre-Algebra skills, Set 2: Solving Equations & Inequalities, Set 3: Linear Functions, and Set 4: Systems of Equations & inequalities (which is currently being developed). These problems are designed to be used on a daily basis and can supplement any algebra-based course. Teachers can review and, if necessary, reteach essential algebra skills with the entire collection, uncovering areas of weakness.
Key features of this free download include:
• Exercises are based on the design and format of numerous standardized tests, specifically:
--- 12 Multiple choice questions
--- 3 “No calculator” problems (multiple choice format)
--- 2 “Choose all that apply” exercises
--- 1 Constructed response question involving 4 inter-related parts
--- Each problem page is followed by a detailed solution page
(methods shown reinforce development of basic mathematical and algebraic processes)
• Developed by two math teachers based on their students’ needs
• Common Core State Standards for Mathematics listed for each problem (excluding constructed response questions)
• Most appropriate Mathematical Practice from the Common Core Standards noted for each problem, although more than one practice often applies (excluding constructed response questions)
• Additional warm-up sets available under Gaining Math Momentum on Teachers Pay Teachers
Check out this free download of algebra warm-ups! Three sets are currently available with more on the way! Follow us on Teachers Pay Teachers to be the first to receive notification about these new products as soon as they are released!