At the bell, spend 5 minutes reviewing basic math skills AND preparing for standardized testing with these sample practice problems. These exercises were developed by two certified high school math teachers based on their students’ needs. Features include:
• Multiple choice problems based on the design of numerous state standardized tests
• Topics addressed in a random order similar to most standardized tests
• Three levels of difficulty on each page (easy, moderate and hard but not in the same order on each page)
• Detailed solutions for every question (methods shown reinforce development of basic mathematical processes)
• Common Core State Standards for Mathematics listed for each problem
• Most appropriate Mathematical Practice from the Common Core Standards noted for each problem (although more than one practice often applies)
• Pdf page files can be displayed on an interactive white board or data projector
Our free sample includes 5 pages of problems with their corresponding solutions (15 problems total with solutions). This collection is ideal for middle school teachers as daily math warm-ups (bellringers, bellwork, etc.) and essential for 9th grade math teachers to expose problem areas and fill in the gaps. Exercises are appropriate for students in prealgebra, algebra, or geometry classes.
These exercises offer a mixed review of basic concepts & processes, similar to all standardized tests. Emphasize test-taking strategies and enrich your curriculum with this supplement!