At the bell, spend 5 minutes reinforcing math skills AND preparing for standardized tests with these practice problems. Designed to be used on a daily basis, the exercises in Set 1 focus on Pre-Algebra skills and are appropriate for students in Algebra 1, Algebra 2, or any algebra-based course. Teachers can review and, if necessary, reteach essential algebra skills with this collection, uncovering areas of weakness.
Key features of this problem set include:
• Exercises are based on the design and format of numerous standardized tests, specifically:
--- 36 Multiple choice questions per set (3 problems per page)
--- 3 “No calculator” problems per set
--- 2 “Choose all that apply” exercises per set
--- 1 Constructed response question involving 4 inter-related parts
• Developed by two math teachers based on their students’ needs
• Problem pages have space available to work through each solution
• Concepts increase in difficulty across the set
• Detailed solutions for every question (methods shown reinforce development of basic mathematical and algebraic processes)
• Common Core State Standards for Mathematics listed for each problem (excluding constructed response questions)
• Most appropriate Mathematical Practice from the Common Core Standards noted for each problem, although more than one practice often applies (excluding constructed response questions)
• Additional warm-up sets available under Gaining Math Momentum on Teachers Pay Teachers
Use these algebra warm-ups to engage your students at the bell, revisit critical math skills and teach test-taking strategies in the first 5 minutes of class! Continual daily practice of these concepts during the school year will allow students to build confidence and competence in their understanding of mathematics and algebra, gaining the momentum necessary to succeed in your math classroom!