Two thematic units.
Unit 1. Las islas Galápagos : Islas extraordinarias
When Charles Darwin wrote his Origin of the Species, his research was based on empirical observations in the Galápagos Islands. It was there that he realized that some species develop singular traits according to their needs. Today the islands are a popular tourist destination where tourists admire giant turtles, warm water penguins, the Galápagos albatross and many other animals. Language study includes not only the animals, but many cognates that begin with ES in Spanish. Discussion topics deal with man, the most dangerous of all animals.
Unit 2. La participación de Ecuador en los Juegos Olímpicos
If the Olympic medals are always won by the richest countries, should the poorer countries even bother to attend? Find out how Ecuador has fared in the Olympics in the last one hundred years. Decide if the money should be spent sending athletes to the Olympic Games or should be used locally. Many questions don't have easy answers.
Please click on Preview to read them.
1. Subject matter: ecology; sports
2. Vocabulary: parts of the body; competitive sports
3. Grammar: prepositions and accents; comparative and superlative
4. Oral practice: describe a photograph; television coverage of the Olympic Games
5. Homework: endangered animals; who should participate in the Olympic Games
6. Internet: Key word list to facilitate a search
7. Answer key
All Miraflores resources are exclusively in the target language
Also available in a BUNDLE. The bundle includes 7 thematic units for SP intermediate 1. The units are divided into three parts.
Please go to the individual sets for details. Please note that you can read all the thematic units by clicking on the Preview.
The bundle includes the following:
1. Ecotourism in Spain: stork migration + Ordesa Park - 2 thematic units about ecology in Spain. SP - Intermediate 1. Yes, units on Spanish ecology, something you don´t often see.
2. The Andes / The Amazon / The Atacama - mountains, river, desert - 3 thematic units SP Intermediate 1.
3. Galápagos ecology (1), Sports in Ecuador (2), thematic units. SP Intermediate 1