Also included in
- If you are overwhelmed or intimidated by teaching Astronomy or Space Science you are in luck! This bundle of resources includes everything you could ever ask for: lesson plans, PowerPoint presentations, student notes, practice questions, formative assessment pieces, and creative activities. BONUS: A$140.00$170.00Save $30.00
- I LOVE Astronomy! One of my life's missions is to help more people understand the wonders of space and appreciate the Earth. I hope these Astronomy resources will find a home in your classroom and spark curiosity and excitement in your students.This zipped folder will include all of my present and$185.00$236.50Save $51.50
If you are teaching GALAXIES you are in luck! This bundle of resources includes a lesson plan, PowerPoint, student notes, practice questions and formative assessment pieces – most of which are completely editable. This lesson bundle also includes a scientific art activity! I’m sharing my love of Astronomy with you, in hopes that your students will love it too!
Student learning goals for the Galaxies Lesson:
• describe the composition of galaxies, including features of black holes
• compare the relative size of galaxies to the universe and to stars
• identify different shapes of galaxies and their characteristics
Please examine the images and preview above to see how this resource can help you and your students.
In the zipped file, you will receive a lot:
★ 2-page lesson plan (PDF and editable Microsoft Word).
★ 13-slide editable PowerPoint presentation with hyperlinks to YouTube videos.
★ 4-page editable student notes (PDF and editable Microsoft Word) that coordinate with the PowerPoint in a fill-in-the-blank style, that includes homework/practice questions. A teacher version with blanks filled in is also provided in both file types.
★ 14-pages of editable task cards that can be used as formative assessments. 7 pages of quick checks to be used during class and 7 pages of retrieval practice questions to be later in the unit. (PDF file and editable PowerPoint file).
★ 1-page Galactic Art activity guide (PDF file) with an exemplar image. This Galactic Art has students use an explanation (plus video link in the PowerPoint) to illustrate how galaxies are formed. Students also use images and descriptions to illustrate the 4 different types of galaxies based on their properties.
MOST RESOURCES ARE EDITABLE except where I’ve had to lock clip art for copyright reasons.
This lesson can further be supported by the Galaxies Astronomy Doodle Notes and Anchor Charts
If you are interested in using the doodle notes with these lessons your best value is to purchase the Astronomy Growing Bundle. This bundle includes all the lessons, PowerPoint presentations, practice and activities as well as all the doodle notes and anchor charts. When additional lessons are added, you can be notified by following my store.
You can see the other resources in the Astronomy all-in-one Lesson Bundle by clicking the links below. Please follow my store for notifications when new resources are added to the bundle.