Also included in
- A complete teaching package for Space. Your unit comes with nine lessons, lab station activities, projects, bell ringers, activities, and more. Everything you need to teach the unit over 4-5 weeks. Your unit also contains my daily teaching schedule so you'll know what to teach and when as well as a$47.47$86.71Save $39.24
- MS-ESS1-2 and MS-ESS1-3 - Earth's Place in the Universe - A NGSS Bundle for middle school students. Everything you need in one tidy package including a daily teaching schedule, lessons, activities, and assessments. The daily schedule covers 6 teaching days which can be reduced or expanded as needed.$21.97$43.93Save $21.96
- MS-ESS1 1-4 - Earth's Place in the Universe - A NGSS Bundle of Bundles for middle school students. This package includes my MS-ESS1-1, MS-ESS1-2, MS-ESS1-3, and MS-ESS1-4 bundles. Everything you need in one tidy package including daily teaching schedules for each standard, lessons, activities, and a$78.97$156.75Save $77.78
Galaxies, Other Objects, and the Universe - This lesson package includes the lesson (student and teacher versions of the presentation), SIX videos, a Bill Nye video worksheet with answer key, and a student lesson handout as a document. The lesson is fun and applicable with SIX videos embedded into the presentation and many opportunities for inquiry-based learning and discussion. The minds-on inquiry activities are meant to break down student misconceptions and help guide them to the correct concepts.
In order, the lesson covers:
- Types of Galaxies
- Meteors, Meteoroids, and Meteorites
- The expansion of the Universe
- This lesson includes both Office and Google formats for ALL resources. The presentation is in PowerPoint and Google Slides while all documents contain Word and Google Doc versions.
- Your resource is perfect for distance learning and integrates seamlessly with Google Classroom as I've included a link that will automatically create a copy of the resources and put them directly into your Google Drive with one click.
- Purchase --> Open --> Click --> Assign to your students
Having both options allows you to use either without worrying about formatting issues as all the work has already been done for you. It safeguards you in case your department or school decides to go Google 100% and allows you as well as your students to access everything no matter where you are or what kind of equipment is being used.
Included in the lesson package is:
- Google and Office versions of the presentation
- The teacher version of the presentation
- The student version of the presentation
- SIX videos embedded into the presentation
- Bill Nye Video worksheet with answer key
- Student lesson handout
- "Excellent Resource."
- "Perfect and the students LOVE the videos!"
- "Extremely thorough and tons of useful information, ideas, and tasks."
- "Wonderful videos!"
- "Thank you so much for this wonderful resource. It's such a time saver for this busy teacher."
- "My students LOVED this. They were super engaged."
The student version of the presentation contains multiple blanks that need to be filled in throughout the lesson. These blanks are conveniently underlined and bolded on the teacher copy. I have found this to be the most effective means of keeping my students engaged and active without having them write everything out. This also leaves more time for discussion and activities.
This lesson can also be found within the Space Unit by clicking here.
I also have a range of assignments and lessons/units from other grade levels at my store. Please CLICK HERE to have a look around and don’t forget to follow if you like what you see.
Also, please visit my blog Teach With Fergy for my thoughts on teaching, learning and everything in between.