Game Designer is a Project Based Learning Unit using the Engineering Design Process for the middle grades. Students work independently or collaboratively
to design and create an educational game. This is a great STEM or STEAM activity.
This unit contains the following components:
1. Game Designer Tips – Tips for making and sources to purchase game components
2. Game Design Lesson - PowerPoint lesson to introduce the task and teach the
Engineering Design Process.
3. Game Design Guidelines – Handout for students detailing the Task Description,
resources, student directions, and important things to remember
4. Game Design Plan – Planning sheet to help students plan everything needed for the task including theme, title, objective, materials, game container, rules, and game board.
5. Game Designer Questionnaire – Questions for game designers to ask those who test their game in order to improve it
6. Game Card Templates – 3 different editable templates are included that allow students to produce game cards digitally, if they chose to do so. Each template makes eight 2.5” x 3.75” cards.
A. Game template with writing on only one side
B. Game template with the answer on the reverse side
C. Game template with a graphic or text, such as CHANCE or the name of the
game, on the reverse side
7. Cube Templates – For making dice for their game.
8. Game Designer Checklist – Checklist for students to use before they turn in the
9. Game Designer Rubric – Use to evaluate the completed product
Want to be the first to know about my sales and freebies? Then Follow Me! All of my products are 50% off for the first 24-48 hours. Be the first to know about my new products by following my store!
* Click on the green star at the top of my page to become a follower!