Games That Keep Students Going and Going is an activity-oriented compilation of games and procedures for suggested grade levels of K-12. The activities are based on the following characteristics of a quality physical education program:
* All students are participating at all times. Students are not standing in lines waiting to participate (relay races, skill practice).
* There are opportunities for different levels of success for all students rather than elimination-type activities.
* Traditional team sports are broken down into small group activities rather than team sports with one ball per class (kickball, softball).
* Time-limit challenges are used for activities rather than a set number of repetitions, such as a pre-determined number of laps or push-ups.
Games and activities are grouped together in the following categories:
* Energizers and Warm-up Activities: Survivor Fitness Challenge, Concentration Speed Challenge, Beanbag Speed Transfer, Pool Noodle Ball, Four Square Dribble Basketball, Elbow Tag, Card-IO-Fitness, Basketball Line Exercise, Crazy Team Locomotive Relay, Space Jam, California Dreamin'.
* Energizers for Grades 3-5: Cooperative High-Five, Sports Galore, Pass It On - UNO Style, Find a Partner If You Please, Heart Smart.
* Games and Activities to Help Develop Catching Skills: Bounce Slide and Catch, Bounce and Catch Switcheroo, Clap Off Challenge, "200", Rocket Launchers, Partner Catch Count Down, Team Catch Countdown, Agility Catching, Two Passes, Reaction Catching, Multi Bounce Jacks Challenge, Progressive Pick Up Jacks, Partner Jacks Challenge, Mega Bounce Jacks Challenge, Catch 22, Roundabout.
* Fitness Games and Activities: Eggs-ercise!, Blood Flow, Healthy Hearts, Fitness Tag, Blob Tag, "Wipe Out!", Partner Jog and Spell, Card Sharks, Deck Ring Shuffle, Dynamic Warm Up Lines, Jump Challenge.
Also included are suggestions for Creating a Physically Active Classroom Atmosphere, and quotes that make for great wall decorations or bulletin boards.