Products in this Bundle (15)
showing 1-5 of 15 products
This bundle includes Activities and Games with Prefixes and Suffixes.
Bring word study to life with prefix and suffix activities that use individual games, partner games, whole-class games, video games, and worksheets,
Check out our YouTube Video about Games with Prefixes and Suffixes!
- Google Slide instructional presentation
- 10 Frayer model worksheets
- Frayer model blank templates (perfect for Word Study in 5th, 4th, and 3rd grades)
- Prefix and suffix word puzzles
- Sentence Comprehension - Students read a sentence and match the meaning of an underlined word to the correct definition in a multiple-choice response set.
- Word Analysis (Sentences) - Identify the word that means the same as the underlined phrase in a sentence. This is my favorite way for students to practice word study because they are so absorbed in the video game.
- Vocabulary Building - Students match definitions to a word that has a prefix or a suffix.
- Build Words - Students select a prefix, base word, and/or suffix to create multisyllabic words. Another great Word Study activity for upper elementary.
- Reading Comprehension - Students read under-the-sea themed passages and identify the meaning of a prefixed or suffixed word in the passage.
- Match It - Students match prefix and suffix definitions with their meaning
- Sort It - Students sort multisyllabic words based on whether or not they have a prefix, a suffix, both, or neither
- Define It - Students match words that have a prefix or a suffix to their meaning (based on the definition of the prefix/suffix)
- Build It - Students identify the prefix, base word, and suffix of multisyllabic words
- 54 individual Exit Tickets delivered through Google Forms (most are auto-graded)
- A printable version of digital exit tickets AND the THREE PRINTABLE BONUSES:
- 12 Higher-Order Thinking Exit Tickets related to Prefix and Suffix Practice
- 9 Templates - create your own Prefix and Suffix Practice Exit Tickets
- 12 Extra Printable Exit Tickets for More Prefix and Suffix Practice
- Fluency Mats
- Fluency Sentences
- Bundle of 5 Holiday-Themed, Prefix and Suffix Task Cards (i.e., Scoot)
This product includes TEN Different Prefix and Suffix Activities!
For Stations or Individual Work:
- 7 Writing Prompts
- 4 “Help the Doctor Write” Worksheets
- 7 “I Can Create Words” Worksheets
- 7 Patient Word Searches and Answer Keys
- 7 Word Searches and Answer Keys
- 7 Base-Word X-Ray
6 Individual or Group Games for Prefixes and Suffixes
- 5 Video Games (with matching worksheets)
- Medical Matching
7 Whole-Class Games for Prefixes and Suffixes
- I Have, Who Has – Vocabulary Focus
- 5 Sets of Task Cards with Decorative Themes
- Back to School
- Valentine’s Day
- Winter Holidays
In all of our video games, students are working through word study questions analyzing prefixes and suffixes. These games can be played through Google Slides or PowerPoint (Great for Distance Learning!). The games can be assigned to students through google slides, a google folder, or an emailed link. The PowerPoint version can be played on any computer that has PowerPoint installed. Students click on the correct answer to advance through the Video Game to show their understanding of the prefixes and suffixes while building their vocabulary. If the student answers incorrectly, they are given an error message and an opportunity to try again.
Note: All of our video games also come with a printable version of the worksheets so students can practice Prefix and Suffix skills. This could double as a handout in class.
- Students MUST click PRESENT or else the video game won't work.
- You will need a FREE Google Account OR PowerPoint to access these files.
The prefixes and suffixes included in this Prefix and Suffix bundle are: Re, Un, Mis, Dis, -ed, -er, -est.
Please leave feedback - I love the opportunity to improve my resources and YOU CAN EARN CREDIT TO
Common Core State Standards (CCSS)