The following is a two-day (75 minute period), common core-based worksheet/lesson plan on Mohandas Gandhi and the Indian independence movement. The worksheet traces the independence movement from the Amritsar Massacre in 1919 to Indian independence in 1947. It contains a variety of student-centered activities designed to engage students to be active participants in the lesson such as:
• Do now review of British imperialism in India
• What would you do? – Amritsar – Students pretend to be British General Reginald Dyer and are given a choice to make – perfect springboard for class discussion!
• Several film clips are shown from the movie Gandhi (not included) – followed by over 15 critical thinking questions
• Methods to gain independence activity and evaluation
• Primary and secondary source readings with questions.
• NEW! Salt March Reading.
NEW! Answer key included!
I also offer a lesson/worksheet on British imperialism in India...
British Imperialism in India - Global/World History - Common Core
...and a bundle of both worksheets...
Bundle #3 - Imperialism in India - Gandhi - Global/World History Common Core
This lesson can easily be modified for a longer or shorter class period. Feel free to contact me with any questions/comments/concerns. Please follow me to receive notifications for newly posted products. Please rate this worksheet/lesson if you are able to. Thanks!