A task booklet for the Benjamin Zephaniah novel 'Gangsta Rap'! This is an excellent novel which can really get teenagers (especially boys!) into novel reading. I have taught this to ages 12-14 with great results! The tasks in the booklet are designed to work alongside reading of the whole novel, and incorporates reading, writing and speaking and listening tasks.
The tasks include:
* Cloze activity exploring the life of the author
* Researching rap and hip-hop music featured in the novel
* Examining negative stereotypes (focusing upon rappers)
* Exploring how the protagonist, Ray Wilkie, changes throughout the novel (reading essay)
* Comprehension questions
* Key vocabulary spellings
* Planning and completing an 'extra chapter' creative writing piece
* Storyboarding task
* Creating a film script based on the novel
* Media - creating a CD sleeve for the group featured in the novel
* Writing a book review for the novel
Thank you for taking an interest in my product! If you do decide to proceed to purchase, I'd really appreciate your rating and feedback. This will help me to adapt future products and edit existing ones so that they can really be the best they can be.
If you enjoy this product, please do check out my others and click 'Follow' to be the first to hear about new products, sales and promotions!