PROJECT # 1 FROM MY BUNDLE
This is a music technology project using GarageBand. Your students will be creating an “audio drama” using prerecorded loops and sounds from GarageBand, mp3’s, and sound effects to tell a short, 60 second story. This project teaches a lot of the basic functions of GarageBand in a fun way!
Download the free worksheet from my store to go along with this project.
Special FX Worksheet
If you like this, check out my 12 Project Bundle
which includes a comprehensive section listing all the resources (links, videos, articles, etc.) I use to teach the projects.
For every project idea in my store you'll receive a comprehensive project details sheet with the following:
• a basic overview of what the project will be
• the list of skills that will be learned (here you can easily add standards)
• a step-by-step of how to accomplish the project
• a list of requirements needed for full credit
• a “tips and tricks” section designed to help students with common mistakes, challenges, etc. which I’ve encountered after teaching these projects for many years.
On a separate page you’ll find:
• a rubric that can be easily customized
• a “teacher to teacher” section designed to help the instructor effectively communicate and teach the project. Here I explain some common issues I’ve run into in the past and ways I’ve found to help students be more successful.
While my lessons have been created for use with GarageBand, you may choose to use a different DAW (program) and the general concept will still apply. If you aren't familiar with how to use GarageBand you will probably need to study up on some of the basics before you teach this lesson. These project downloads assume you are already familiar with simple music theory and the basics of how to use GarageBand. If you're not, you may need to do a little homework before teaching; either way, I recommend teachers complete the project on their own before teaching it to students. Although this is not a formal lesson plan, it can easily be adapted to be just that.
The 12 Project Bundle.
• 12 sequential projects which progress in difficulty and music theory (enough project ideas to take
you through a year-long music technology course)
• Comprehensive glossary of the "techy" terms used in the project lessons
• Map of important GarageBand features
• Extensive list of keyboard shortcuts
• ALL (3 pages) of the extra resources I use to teach the projects: links to videos,
articles, project examples, etc.
**Please be aware individual projects were created with the intention of being completed in order.**
Check out my store for more great resources!
Project 1: Special FX
Project 2: Get In the Loop
Project 3: Sell Me Short
Project 4: Drum Up the Beat
Project 5: Mini Midi Songwriting
Project 6: Level Up
Project 7: Re-Mix Up
Project 8: Mix & Mash
Project 10: That’s a Rap (Beat)
Project 11: Cover Your Basses
Project 12: Compose Yourself