This fun packet includes garden themed crafts, printables, math centers and literacy stations that are perfect for spring and garden units!
1) Measuring Carrots- A fun carrot craft that can also be a ruler. Blank templates are also provided.
2) Happy Corn Craft- just cut out and color or glue on popcorn or whole kernels.
3) Cut and Paste Fruit Craft (peach or apple)
4) Growing Tomato Mini Book- great for early readers! I also included a template with no words for older students to write their own story in. This is a 6-8 page tomato shaped booklet that your students will put together. It comes illustrated and takes your student's from planting to harvesting tomatoes!
5) Fruit Tree- simple cut and paste craft. I included a couple of templates. One has numbers and one is blank. Color and black and white copies.
1) Simple Sentence Garden Puzzles- The sentences are in two pieces and students can mix and match the words to form new sentences to complete the puzzles.
2) Categories: Fruit, Veggie Root, Leafy Greens, Veggie Fruit like tomatoes, Grains, In a Pod and Potatoes- This station has 24 cards that students sort into their appropriate categories. It is also designed for the name of the fruit/vegetable to be matched with the appropriate picture.
**Bonus Center- Garden Letter Sounds- These cards can be matched with the appropriate beginning and ending letter of the fruit and/or vegetable.
3) Carrot and Radish Top- Simple Words that can be mixed and matched by replacing the tops of the veggies with different letters. These are 3 letter words and I also included blank templates for teachers to write in their own words to make it match the level of your students.
4) Make Vegetable Soup- Simple Addition. This is the greatest center! You print out a big pot and some small veggie pictures plus the recipe cards. Then your students select a recipe card that has 3-4 ingredients and numbers on it. They must put the correct number of vegetables in the pot to make the recipe. I also included a recording chart for them to fill out. It is a wonderful and practical activity for adding multiple numbers together that my kids found very fun.
5) Water the Garden- More or Less? Also a wonderful Math Center. This center includes watering can cards that have 2 different plants on them. The card asks which plant needs more (or less) water. The student must then sort through other plant cards that have the plant pictures with water drops on them to find the correct card that answers the watering can's question of which plant needs more or less water. It is a fun introduction to "Greater than" and "Less than" values.
Most of the templates come in color and black and white. 75 pages of templates and activities! Recommended for Pre-K to 2nd Grade with most centers being adaptable for many skills levels.
This makes a wonderful addition to any farm unit or garden unit you are teaching. Please check out my Farm Animal Packet that is also perfect for Pre-K and Kindergarten and my newly completed "BUGS" packet that is also full of fun crafts and learning centers.