PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
**It's best to visit us on the web at General Chemistry Lecture Notes
-- for a typical sixteenth chapter ("section") of a high school chemistry course (AP, honors, regular) -or- college-level general chemistry course.
Excellent for instructors who like to write out their lecture notes on the board "as they teach"...
16-1 -- The First Law of Thermodynamics
16-1 -- Spontaneous Processes and Entropy (S)
· The Definition of Entropy
· Entropy of Solids, Liquids, and Gases
16-3 -- The Change in Entropy (DS)
16-3 -- The Second Law of Thermodynamics
16-4 -- Gibbs Free Energy
· The Free Energy Change (DG)
· DG = DH - TDS
· Threshold Temperature
16-5 -- Entropy Changes in Chemical Reactions
· Less Disorder vs. More Disorder
· Standard Entropy Values
· Calculating the Standard Entropy Value (DS°)
16-7 -- Free Energy and Chemical Reactions
· The Standard Free Energy Change (DG°)
· Three Ways to Calculate DG°
· Standard Free Energies of Formation (DGf°)
16-9 -- The Relationship between Free Energy and the Equilibrium Constant