This guide is meant to provide multiple learning opportunities for students in your absence with a focus on choral and general music students, allowing for students to create their own rhythms and sounds, respond to videos and even following a concert, describe what their behavior should have been.
It uses resources available online including the PBS series, the Army’s choral videos as well as useful articles. InTune monthly magazine is also a source, and the worksheet may be used with multiple issues.
1) Concert Etiquette – article from NAfME and reflection activity
2) Ad Campaign – build a jingle and then add a backing track with the Incredibox website
3) Disc Jockey – Group Project, design a playlist for a variety of events
4) Movie Soundtrack – just provide movie clip (The Matrix dojo scene works well!), and using GarageBand or another looping program, students design a sixty-second background track.
5) Joy of Singing – Watching the army video, students respond using the worksheet
6) InTune Monthly Magazine Worksheet – students respond to the Icon and Influences pages
7) Sing That Thing Worksheet – PBS video series, available online, students respond to the amateur singing groups
8) Singing with Emotion – article and worksheet