Use integer exponents to generate equivalent numerical expressions when multiplying, dividing, or raising a power to a power. Scaffolded lesson provides for classroom differentiation. Can be used as a lesson leader, guided practice, independent practice, for cooperative learning and math centers, or as an assessment. Use with smartboard, projector, computer, pad or as printable. Lesson is complete - NO PREP. Editable version included.
- Evaluate exponent expressions through multiplication, division and raising a power to a power
- Use numerical bases and the laws of exponents to generate equivalent expressions
- Evaluate experssions with exponential fractions
- Understand exponents are added when like bases are being multiplied
- Understand exponents are subtracted when like bases are being divided
Includes 6 practice pages and answer keys.
Aligned with NCCS Math - 8.EE.1
Visit commoncoremath.net for additional help.