This product, by It’s Not Rocket Science,
is a research project of genetic disorders. Students will simulate what it would be like to be adults expecting a child with a genetic disorder. Students will select (or be assigned) a genetic disorder that their future child will get. They will investigate this disorder and present their findings through four perspectives: the perspective of a doctor, a genetic counselor, a parent (themselves), and a community support group. Students will display their research using a scrapbook, Power Point, Prezi, video, or other pre-approved method.
Do not purchase if you have already purchased my Heredity Unit Bundle, Biology Complete Curriculum Bundle,
or Biology Activities Bundle
because you already have this product!
What is included?
• 4 pages of teacher implementation notes, including accommodations for higher level and lower level students
• 8 pages of student handouts and rubrics
• Sample student work
Is this aligned to Next Generation Science Standards?
Yes!! All of my products align with NGSS. This product specifically aligns with:
• HS-LS3-1: Ask questions to clarify relationships about the role of DNA and chromosomes in coding the instructions for characteristic traits passed from parents to offspring.
• HS-LS3-2: Make and defend a claim based on evidence that inheritable genetic variations may result from: (1) new genetic combinations through meiosis, (2) viable errors occurring during replication, and/or (3) mutations caused by environmental factors.
What if I want more?
This product is part of my Heredity Unit bundle. Be sure to check it out by clicking HERE!
What if I have a question?
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org I’d love to answer any questions you have!
How do I stay updated on new products, sales, and freebies?
**Follow Me** by clicking the green star by my store name. I add a new product every week so this is the best way to keep up with what’s happening at It’s Not Rocket Science!
• Use this item for your own classroom, students, or for your own personal use.
• Buy additional licenses for others to use this product at 50% off by visiting your TpT “My Purchases” page.
• Review this product to recommend others buy it in blog posts, at professional development workshops, or other venues as long as credit is given to my store with a direct link to my store/product.
You may not...
• Upload this product to any website or server – even one for your classroom.
• Give this product to others without the purchase of an additional license for them (this includes emailing, printing copies, or sharing through a website, cloud or other network.)
• Copy or modify any part of this document to offer others for free or for sale.