In this genetic disorder research project, students will simulate what it would be like to be an adult expecting a child with a genetic disorder. Students will select (or be assigned) a genetic disorder that their future child will inherit. They will investigate this disorder and present their findings through four perspectives: the perspective of a doctor, a genetic counselor, a parent (themselves), and a community support group. Students will display their research using a scrapbook, PowerPoint, Prezi, video, or other pre-approved method. If time available, these will be shared via a gallery walk with the class.
What is included?
- 2 pages of teacher implementation notes, including accommodations for higher level and lower level students (PDF)
- 7 pages of student handouts and rubrics (PDF)
- Sample student work (PDF)
What if I want more?
This product is part of my Heredity Unit bundle. Be sure to check it out by clicking HERE!
What if I have a question?
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org I’d love to answer any questions you have!
How do I stay updated on new products, sales, blogposts, and freebies?
**Follow Me** by clicking the green star by my store name, join my email newsletter, or follow me on Instagram. These are the three best ways to keep up with what’s happening at It’s Not Rocket Science!
• Use this item for your own classroom, students, or for your own personal use.
• Buy additional licenses for others to use this product at a discount by visiting your TpT “My Purchases” page.
• Review this product to recommend others buy it in blog posts, at professional development workshops, or other venues as long as credit is given to my store with a direct link to my store/product.
You may not...
• Upload this product to any website or server – even one for your classroom.
• Give this product to others without the purchase of an additional license for them (this includes emailing, printing copies, or sharing through a website, cloud or other network.)
• Copy or modify any part of this document to offer others for free or for sale.