Genetic Engineering - PowerPoint and Handouts Bundle
Engage your students with a vocabulary reading about genetic engineering- cloning, gene therapy, selective breeding, hybridization, and more. Then, follow it up with a public service announcement project which sums up the genetic advancements that are occurring in the world and how people are responding to their efforts.
What students will do:
* Use prior knowledge and good reading strategies as they read about the various methods of genetic engineering including cloning, gene therapy, selective breeding and more in this easy to read and relevant lesson.
* Write a PSA from the perspective of someone whose opinion matters! Students will roll a dice to determine the field of genetic engineering they will research and the perspective they will take as they create their PSA.
Included in this lesson are 18 PowerPoint slides and 6 pages of student handouts.
Buy this lesson on its own or GO BIG and buy it in our 4-5 week Genetics Bundled Unit
which comes with a 115+ PowerPoint slide presentation and 160+ handouts for teaching Genetics and Heredity in your classroom.
Consider using this with some of our other products in our store:
- Genetics Task Cards
- Genetics Word Wall
- Fortune Teller Life Science Vocabulary Bundle
which includes four cootie catchers aligned with our genetics unit.
- WinterThemed Punnett Square Practice Problems and Activity
- Fall Themed Punnett Square Practice Problems and Activity
Take a look at Getting Nerdy with Mel and Gerdy‘s:
Getting Nerdy Blog
We aim to please. Before leaving feedback, please contact us via "Ask a Question" and let us know if we can help make our products better for you and your students.
- Purchase of the product is for single classroom use by the purchaser only. It is a violation for individuals, schools, and districts to redistribute, edit, sell, or post this item on the Internet or to other individuals. Disregarding the copyright is a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and subject to legal action.
Genetics: Genetic Engineering Reading and PSA Commercial Project by © Getting Nerdy, LLC