Also included in
- This MONEY SAVING BUNDLE includes all Biology items in my store, now and in the future. All the resources included are shown below, but this bundle includes a full year of warm-up activities, several digital Google Drive activities, a curriculum map/planner, numerous lab activities, a lab rubric, an$118.00$147.50Save $29.50
- This MONEY SAVING BUNDLE includes all PDF (printable) Biology items in my store, now and in the future. All the resources included are shown below, but this bundle includes a full year of warm-up activities, a curriculum map/planner, numerous lab activities, a lab rubric, and several other lessons.T$79.28$99.10Save $19.82
The process of genetic engineering and bacterial transformation are so common in the standards but can be abstract and hard to understand. This lab makes it more UNDERSTANDABLE AND CONCRETE. I couldn't find what I wanted, so I wrote it myself. MATERIALS NEEDED: paper, scissors, tape. INCLUDES: background information, extension ideas, hands-on READY TO GO lab, summary assessment questions.
This product includes:
- Background information on the process of genetic engineering, both in the form of a webquest and reading.
- Links to related video clips and news articles.
- A hands-on lab activity where students simulate finding a gene in DNA, cutting it with a restriction enzyme, and inserting it into a bacterial plasmid.
- Summary assessment questions.
After completing this activity, students will understand genetic engineering.
I like to follow up on this activity with an additional reading of current events, and then writing a position paper, using this product.
You may also be interested in:
Also available as part of Buy my Store Biology
Don't forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases.
Also, follow me and be notified when new products are uploaded.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions.