Also included in
- The structure of life differentiated inquiry labs bundle is a collection of hands-on labs that focuses on the structure of life topics for middle school science. Each topic contains three complete labs that are differentiated for all of your students. \BUNDLE AND SAVE $$:Buy the complete inquiry la$70.40$126.00Save $55.60
- This is the ultimate labs bundle for middle school science teachers. The nearly 150 inquiry labs are designed to take the focus off of lab preparation and put it back into teaching. What's Included in each Inquiry Lab:Teachers Resources Pages - prep time, standards/objectives, teacher directions, m$418.40$1043.00Save $624.60
In this lab, students will prepare yeast slides and observe them budding during asexual and sexual reproduction. They will first observe the yeast without stress causing asexual reproduction. Then they will add hydrogen peroxide to cause stress on the yeast resulting in sexual reproduction. They will then be expected to draw what they observed under the microscope. Challenge them to consider the advantages and disadvantages of each type of reproduction.
The product contains three complete labs that are differentiated for all of your students.
BUNDLE AND SAVE $$:
- Teacher Resource Pages - prep time, standards/objectives, teacher directions, materials, and additional resources.
- Answer Keys - suggested answer keys for the labs
- CER Conclusion and Reflection Questions - Claim, Evidence, and Reasoning statements along with 3 reflection questions per lab.
- All pages are EDITABLE.
3 Differentiated Labs
Dependent Student Lab- A complete lab. This level is written with a combination of procedural instructions and inquiry questions. They are moderately student-centered with guided inquiry questions throughout the lab. Suggested for on-level learners.
Modified Student Lab - A complete lab. This level provides the most structured lab experience. The lessons may eliminate parts of the lab and change the questioning to include sentence stems or multiple choice questions. Suggested for learners with modifications.
Independent Student Lab - A complete lab. This level is the most student-centered experience. Suggestions are made for the students to get started, but most of the decisions will be student-centered. The students will be responsible for most aspects of the lab and will have the least guidance. Suggested for advanced learners.
Materials Needed Per Group:
¾ teaspoon baker’s yeast
¼ cup powder sugar
½ cup warm water
1 teaspoon 3% hydrogen peroxide
2 glass slides
TEKS: 7.14.B - Compare the results of uniform or diverse offspring from sexual reproduction or asexual reproduction.
NGSS: MS LS4-4 - Construct an explanation based on evidence that describes how genetic variations of traits in a population increase some individuals’ probability of surviving and reproducing in a specific environment.
Save Time and Buy Now
Save precious prep time and get back to teaching. All of the work hard work has been done for you. Go have some fun with those students!
Copyright © Chris Kesler. All rights reserved by the author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.