Genetics is one of my favorite science subjects to teach because there is SO much you can do! Print out this pack and you will have DAYS of material/activities that are fun and engaging for your students – all while learning & reviewing the basic genetics concepts and terms!
Included in this pack are the following:
- “Genetics” Acrostic Poem – consider using this as an introduction!
- “Survey of My Traits” – have students fill this survey out on their own and then make a class bar graph showing which traits are most prominent in your class!
- “Inherited vs. Acquired Traits Word Sort” – after discussing traits, use this word sort to help distinguish between those that are inherited and those that are acquired.
- “Inherited vs. Acquired Traits About Me!” – T chart to help reinforce this subject
- “Alien Genetics” Activity – teach students the difference between dominant and recessive alleles and use this activity as a SUPER FUN reinforcer! Students will create their own baby alien using the “alleles” produced from the coin toss (specific directions included)
- “Punnett Square Word Sort” – after teaching students Punnett Square basics, use this word sort as extra practice!
- 2 Posters
As always, please leave any feedback you may have! Also please don’t forget to “FOLLOW” my tpt store so that you are the first to know about my newest products and promotions! If you have any questions, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you so much!