Genetics Unit - Life Science Curriculum - PowerPoint and Handouts Bundle
This genetics and heredity bundled unit will have your students engaged with Punnett squares, Mendelian and non-Mendelian inheritance, DNA, meiosis, pedigrees, selective breeding and hybridization, and genetic engineering.
Your next few weeks are going to be a breeze with our PowerPoint lessons and handouts that are designed for a literal day-by-day instruction implementation. Or pick and choose the lessons you want to teach and apply to your own curriculum as you see fit.
This 4-5 week long unit is composed of:
* 115+ slide fully editable PowerPoint presentation with title slides, objectives, bell work, fill in the blank notes, animations, and hyperlinks.
* 160+ PDF pages of student notes and diagrams + answer keys.
* Study guide and final assessment
These condensed genetics notes are designed in a straightforward and simplistic manner to allow for elaboration, question and answer period, facilitated classroom discussion, and extension where desired all while providing an overview of the study of heredity.
**The entire unit can be purchased as a bundle or each individual unit can be purchased separately**
Included in this Genetics Bundle is:
1. Genetics Differentiated Vocabulary
2. Mendelian Genetics and Punnett Square Practice
mini-lesson which includes: Punnett Square Practice I
and Punnett Square Practice II
3. Genetics PTC Lab
which looks at inheritance patters of dominant traits within the classroom.
4. Non-Mendelian Inheritance Patterns
which includes notes and practice with incomplete dominance, codominance, multiple alleles, and sex-linked traits.
5. DNA Notes and Extraction Lab
discussing the double helix's role in the cell and nitrogen base pairing.
6. Protein Synthesis
7. Meiosis Notes and Activities
8. Pedigrees Lesson
9. Selective Breeding and Hybridization Reading, Game, and Project
mini-bundle which includes: Pick Me! Pick Me! Hybrid Article Analysis, Hybridization Activity
with a tutorial Hybrid Matching Card: Assembly Tutorial
and Selective Breeding Sales Campaign
10. Genetics Engineering Reading and PSA Project
which looks at genetic engineering like cloning, gene splicing, genetically modified organisms, and other types of genetic modification.
11. Genetics Study Guide
12. Genetics Final Assessment which is aligned to the notes and activities taught in this unit. Includes 30 questions and an open ended essay question.
TO ACCESS THE MATERIALS NEEDED FOR THIS UNIT, CLICK HERE
SAVE OVER 20%
This bundle is also included in our:
-Life Science and Biology Curriculum Bundle
which includes ALL SEVEN of our Unit PowerPoint and Handout Bundles we offer in our store!
-Genetics Complete Curriculum Bundle
which includes the Unit PowerPoint and Handouts as well as the unit task cards, word walls, and interactive notebook activities
Click this link to find out how this lesson fits with your NGSS, TEKS or GSE Science Classroom
Consider using this with some of our other products sold separately in our store:
- Winter Themed Punnett Square Practice Problems and Activity
- Fall Themed Punnett Square Practice Problems and Activity
- Purchase of the product is for single classroom use by the purchaser only. It is a violation for individuals, schools, and districts to redistribute, edit, sell, or post this item on the Internet or to other individuals. Disregarding the copyright is a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and subject to legal action.
Genetics Bundled Unit by © Getting Nerdy, LLC